Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First SFG clean

AJ Fry

Morning lads. I’ve got my first soffit, fascia, gutter clean this week. Never done one before and my plan of attack is to wet it, soak it with no nonsense degreaser, get scrubbing and rinse!! Starting from the top down! Any tips or advice would be much appreciated [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Do it in sections, don't apply the degreaser to the whole job, do one side, max, at a time. Use customers tap water if you can and then clean windows with pure. Make sure you clear hose reel of tap water before you start to clean the windows though. 

Thanks guys appreciate it. I don’t currently do the customers windows and haven’t priced for it. I did wonder if when doing the top gutters etc I’m going to dirty the windows below and end up having to do them? Maybe just a quick brush and rinse with pure to cover myself?

Thanks guys appreciate it. I don’t currently do the customers windows and haven’t priced for it. I did wonder if when doing the top gutters etc I’m going to dirty the windows below and end up having to do them? Maybe just a quick brush and rinse with pure to cover myself?

That is correct. chances are otherwise all the excess will flow down, streak the windows, and then you’ve got them ringing you up moaning about it and you’re making a repeat journey to do the windows

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks pal, next time I’ll add a few quid to cover it. Hoping to get the regular window clean off them so keen to do a proper job

Latest Posts

Back