Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question For New Model Dispatch Owners

Tuffers

Have you ever had the alarm go off for no reason and not been able to stop the noise?

Today I pulled up outside a job. Locked the van and then unlocked the rear doors. All of a sudden the alarm went off. So, I Lock the van, alarm still going off, unlock it, alarm still going off, start engine, alarm still going off, stop engine, alarm still going off, lock van, alarm still going off, unlock van, alarm still going off, open all doors, alarm still going off, lock van, alarm still going off. Notice on console; seat belt tensioner problem and airbag problem. I ring my Citroen dealer and tell him what's happening, he can hear the alarm over the phone. I ask if there's anything I can disconnect to stop it. Err no, there's nothing you can do unless you let the alarm battery drain which could take a long time. Thankfully it hasn't happened since, but I have noticed that I hear a short blip off the alarm sometimes if I open the rear doors before the indicators stop flashing after unlocking.

Has anyone had any problems with their Dispatch? Mine is just over 2 years old but I can't afford for it to be in a garage this side of Xmas.

One of my Citroen’s locked itself with the keys on the ignition once!

I was jumping up and down on the bonnet like Basil Fawlty.

Good luck!

Change the battery in the fob? The old ones used to go weird with a weak battery. There was a weird way of resetting stuff too......

I had a puggy 306 TD and had problems with alarm and central locking. It turned out that the door cable harness was too tight and after a while the cables would break but still be institute. Meant that sometimes when you closed the door they would connect or disconnect. Turned out Peugeot knew about it but wouldn't do a recall because of cost. I ended up joining 21 cables together with wire spades one day. Not very pretty but it did the trick. After that I became allergic to French vehicles though their engines were great.  

It funckin happened again today. Alarm went off for no reason. Pressed unlock and it stopped. I've booked it in with Citroen the day after Boxing Day.

It funckin happened again today. Alarm went off for no reason. Pressed unlock and it stopped. I've booked it in with Citroen the day after Boxing Day.
Did you get a resolution from the dealer as the identical symptoms happed to me today?

Did you get a resolution from the dealer as the identical symptoms happed to me today?
I've not had that happen but with both my reanult van and a citroen Berlingo I had various electric problems which can only be put down the inexplicable french electrics! My Renault used to lock and unlock as I was driving along for no reason, sometimes the dash lights would go blank when I went over bumps in the road! This was always put down to wiring somewhere in the van by garages and dealerships. On my citroen I had warning lights and messages come on when there was no problem. For example check oil soon low level. This I worked out was always when I was parked up on a curb so a slight angle lol. Oil was always fine! I guess your alarm problem is a dodgy wire or sensor pad somewhere in there but hopefuky it's and easy fix

Latest Posts

Back