Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Connector Issues

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mcsandlaly

I promise I have searched through the forums for the last ten minutes, but no joy. I have a WCW 350 Ltr tank and had it a couple of years but I am now finding the connectors on the battery which have to be taken off every night to charge the battery, the wires have come loose so connection issues. Can I just solder the wires on to the connectors or will I lose power or am I best doing it with a type of connector? Any pointers or pictures appreciated thanks very much guys. 

I promise I have searched through the forums for the last ten minutes, but no joy. I have a WCW 350 Ltr tank and had it a couple of years but I am now finding the connectors on the battery which have to be taken off every night to charge the battery, the wires have come loose so connection issues. Can I just solder the wires on to the connectors or will I lose power or am I best doing it with a type of connector? Any pointers or pictures appreciated thanks very much guys. 

Why don't you rather post a photo of your current setup as most of us don't know the WCW system.

Its a phoenix compact system 350ltr tank basically the wires come out of the tank and connect to the battery nothing fancy just a red and a blue wire to each connector on the battery. Just interested if there are any other suggestions for connecting more securely other than ring connectors on to the top of the battery.

I will take a picture tomorrow when light cheers. I use two leisure batteries have one charging at home and one in the phone so constantly changing them over and the wires keep coming loose. Cheers and thanks. Spruce.

I have Sae connector permanently attached to my battery so just a case of connecting them easy if you can run an extension lead out to the van.

I think Spruce uses something similar even though they are different @spruce

They are designed for large cables.  Such as start motor cables.  But I just twist the wires together, Tin them with solder then clamp to the terminal.   Simple.    If you flip the clamp upside down, it will clamp smaller wires.   I have these in my caravan with 2x 2.5mm wires in them

Back