Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you clean this traditionally?

Joshyouare

Just wondering how you guys would do this? Don't think my trad pole is going to reach it. Also there's skylights as you can probs see.

I'm confident at heights, but not had much experience at them commercially so any advice?

Thanks! :)

47685443_2210299952591477_4558914326492086272_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bq7DfIu.jpg

http://www.hydroflightsportsmn.com/product/jetpack-by-zr/

Is there a lead gully between the roofs? I’ve seen them before on similar designs and you can put the ladder just to the side and walk straight down them... if they’re plastic gutters leading to the down pipes then it’s obviously a no go and I would say ask to do from inside

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Is there a lead gully between the roofs? I’ve seen them before on similar designs and you can put the ladder just to the side and walk straight down them... if they’re plastic gutters leading to the down pipes then it’s obviously a no go and I would say ask to do from inside

I feel like it might be gutters from what I can remember, what about walking on the actual roof?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I feel like it might be gutters from what I can remember, what about walking on the actual roof?

That’s down to the individual walking on them and the type of roof tile, I mean this respectfully that if you’re a light figure then maybe worth the risk and if they’re the thin slate like ones then I wouldn’t risk it. If I did I’d walk on where the tiles over lap if you do as they’re stronger where they’re doubled and try not to lose your footing / go careful or as I’ve said clean from the inside if possible.

I’ve walked on numerous roofs over the years before I went wfp and 99.9% I’ve got away with it but I’d be lying if I said I’ve never cracked tile

That’s down to the individual walking on them and the type of roof tile, I mean this respectfully that if you’re a light figure then maybe worth the risk and if they’re the thin slate like ones then I wouldn’t risk it. If I did I’d walk on where the tiles over lap if you do as they’re stronger where they’re doubled and try not to lose your footing / go careful or as I’ve said clean from the inside if possible.

I’ve walked on numerous roofs over the years before I went wfp and 99.9% I’ve got away with it but I’d be lying if I said I’ve never cracked tile

Great cheers, yeah I'm definitely not on the heavy side.

Sorry, may have missed something but in terms of where you would put the ladder if it's guttering instead of the lead gully? 

Great cheers, yeah I'm definitely not on the heavy side.

Sorry, may have missed something but in terms of where you would put the ladder if it's guttering instead of the lead gully? 

Depends how length of the extension is coming out towards the camera if that makes sense? Ideally you want to walk on as few tiles as possible!

I personally would stick it on the side of the house (to the left) and step onto the roof and go sort of over the roofs as close to the window as possible. Note that if you can stand on the ridges of the extension (the highest part of the roof - think that’s what it’s called) then that will probably be more solid then the actual tiles. It will minimise the time you’re on the tiles too, so get to that point and clean from there as long as you’re not over stretching

Sorry I hope this makes sense, useless at describing things. Hope it helps

436a8375db8d5070cfc8070ffe4a68f4.jpg

Hope this helps [emoji85][emoji23]

Just put the ladder up on the side of the extension, resting against the gutter or the wall, either is fine. Doesn't look like a slate roof so unless you weigh over 16 stone you will be absolutely fine walking on that roof

I'll do the best I can on those windows from the Inside Mrs however to do them from the outside traditionally means that I would need to walk along your roof. Obviously this could lead to some damaged tiles . As long as you are happy to sign this waiver stating that I am not responsible for any damage to any tiles on the roof then I will happily walk up the roof to cleaners Windows otherwise they need to be done from the inside or left alone.

Depends how length of the extension is coming out towards the camera if that makes sense? Ideally you want to walk on as few tiles as possible!

I personally would stick it on the side of the house (to the left) and step onto the roof and go sort of over the roofs as close to the window as possible. Note that if you can stand on the ridges of the extension (the highest part of the roof - think that’s what it’s called) then that will probably be more solid then the actual tiles. It will minimise the time you’re on the tiles too, so get to that point and clean from there as long as you’re not over stretching

Sorry I hope this makes sense, useless at describing things. Hope it helps

436a8375db8d5070cfc8070ffe4a68f4.jpg

Hope this helps [emoji85][emoji23]

Perfect, thanks :)

Only thing im sort of concerned about is actually getting on the roof, simple as putting the ladder up against the wall? Where would you position the ladder?
The left hand roof looks like it is projecting beyond the house wall, if so, put ladder up on house wall. You can, and I do, lean the ladders on the gutter, being careful that you can't damage the gutter. Always secure ladders if you are going off on a roof of some kind so that they cannot be blown down. Having said all that, I notice the front is flat edged, so lean the ladder in the dip. You have to take special care on tiles, DON'T GO ON SLATES, on any others go slowly and steadily.

Managed to clean this one today, walking over the roof was absolutely fine, put the ladder at the side where @Dane's fantastic image edit told me to, so thanks for that mate ?

Managed to clean this one today, walking over the roof was absolutely fine, put the ladder at the side where [mention=6696]Dane[/mention]'s fantastic image edit told me to, so thanks for that mate [emoji3]

Glad you got it done and I could help. All the best bud [emoji1531]

Back