Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

35cm brush, which jets?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I’m looking at getting a 35cm brush, Gardiner’s give various options on jets, the one that seems most appealing is the 4 x 1.4mm jets, is this a good option or should I stick with 2?

I usually use pencil jets, occasionally fan jets on hydrophobic glass, the extra 2 would also stop me fitting fan jets too. I’m not sure if the extra jets is worth it given it’s ‘only’ 9cm longer, my concern is will it use more water with 4 jets? 

I’m looking at getting a 35cm brush, Gardiner’s give various options on jets, the one that seems most appealing is the 4 x 1.4mm jets, is this a good option or should I stick with 2?

I usually use pencil jets, occasionally fan jets on hydrophobic glass, the extra 2 would also stop me fitting fan jets too. I’m not sure if the extra jets is worth it given it’s ‘only’ 9cm longer, my concern is will it use more water with 4 jets? 

4 x 1.4mm will consume the same amount of water 2 x 2mm jets will.

I chose 4 x 1.4mm jets on my 35cm brush and they work nicely. I'm not a total fan of fan jets but they do have their place. I personally wouldn't mix fan and pencil jets in the same brush stock tbh. But that's my opinion and doesn't mean that it won't work for you.

4 x 1.4mm will consume the same amount of water 2 x 2mm jets will.

I chose 4 x 1.4mm jets on my 35cm brush and they work nicely. I'm not a total fan of fan jets but they do have their place. I personally wouldn't mix fan and pencil jets in the same brush stock tbh. But that's my opinion and doesn't mean that it won't work for you.

Thats good to know, thanks. 

The fan jets wouldn’t be used at the same time, I have most of my brushes set up with both pencil and fans, gives me both options.

I would certainly try the pencils first.

I couldn't get on with them myself, but then the 100 degree fans do a brilliant job on my work and I find for me that two of these placed in the inner of the two outside holes on the brush are more than adequate on my 35cm Xtreme. It may also be that my pump cannot provide the pressure and volume necessary for four 1.4mm pencils.

Perhaps for me my pump wasn't man enough. Odd that. That's why we have to try despite what others have found sometimes.

Glad it works for you. I love my 35cm brush

Back