Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van choice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iain jones

I am looking at a few van's a vauxhall combo 1.3 cc with 350 litre water tank and a couple of Dolbos they are both 1.3 cc one of the Doblo"s has a 350 litre water tanks the other has a 500 litre water.

Which is better one to go for?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

500 Ltr. You can’t put 400 litres in a 350 litre tank. What payload do the vans have? I’ve got a combo with the 750kg payload. Just be a bit weary as I have a 500ltr tank which makes me overweight in the morning with all the other [emoji90] I carry

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I have also seen a Citroën dispatch 1.6 with a 500 litre water tank
The Doblo load capacity is 1000
The combo's doesn't start payload

I have also seen a Citroën dispatch 1.6 with a 500 litre water tank
The Doblo load capacity is 1000
The combo's doesn't start payload

I'm just concerned with having a 1.3 cc van carrying 500 litres of water it may struggle and reduce fuel consumption

Between me and you I carry just under 1ton in my 750kg 1.3 combo. Yes the fuel consumption suffers but it’s still doing 40 mpg as apposed to 50-60. I doubt the dispatch does anywhere near that. If your not bothered what van to get buy the biggest you can afford. I’m in the process of kitting out a vivaro because I’ve outgrown the combo (and I’ve been ‘warned’ I’m overweight). If I wasn’t concerned about being overweight I’d stick with the combo because - now I’ve sorted the issues - it’s a superb little van.

If you have a grippatank login you can use the payload checker (if you have the van reg.) you get one free check a day if I remember correctly.

I was looking to get the bigger payload version as my next van but I’m liking the extra room the vivaro gives me - plus the extra payload. The doblo is a nice van - someone on here was selling a double LWB with a 500ltr grippatank system in?

yes I seen that on ebay but the doblo is from a company that buy ex fleet and the millage is too bad the one I am interested in has done 66k  brand new system

I have a Vauxhall Combo LWB 1.3 it has a 400 litre tank in it and handles it very well you would not know it is in there.

Depending on the model the newer shape (2012 - onwards)Vauxhall combo's can hold a ton.

I have never had a problem with mine and they are very cheap to run.I had mine up for sale last month but decided to keep hold of it.

I'm just concerned with having a 1.3 cc van carrying 500 litres of water it may struggle and reduce fuel consumption

IMHO don't make a buying decision based on fuel consumption. Its a work tool to earn you money. Your main focus is to find a reliable van that doesn't spend half its life in the garage awaiting repairs.

My son's Citroen Berlingo has an 800kg payload with a 500 liter tank. With that full, his pole, hose reel, battery and A frame step ladder he is below his payload limit. If I get in then he will be over weight. You can always under fill a tank but if you have one that's too small you will make growing your business in the future more difficult.

Between me and you I carry just under 1ton in my 750kg 1.3 combo. Yes the fuel consumption suffers but it’s still doing 40 mpg as apposed to 50-60. I doubt the dispatch does anywhere near that. If your not bothered what van to get buy the biggest you can afford. I’m in the process of kitting out a vivaro because I’ve outgrown the combo (and I’ve been ‘warned’ I’m overweight). If I wasn’t concerned about being overweight I’d stick with the combo because - now I’ve sorted the issues - it’s a superb little van.

If you have a grippatank login you can use the payload checker (if you have the van reg.) you get one free check a day if I remember correctly.

Where exactly do you look for the payload on the combo? I've just bought a 1.6 version and can't understand what the manual is on about where it tells you how to work out the payload. 

Says to look at the plate under the bonnet and work out the difference between gross weight and EC kerb weight. Only problem is the plate doesn't tell you the kerb weight, just gross weight, max front axle load and rear axle load??? 

I even phoned vauxhall who transferred me round 3 different people until eventually saying he didn't know how to figure it out himself so my best bet was to Google it!! 

My old connect had it on plate inside the door, why can't vauxhall be that helpful? 

Yeah I just spotted your earlier comment actually about that and went straight on and did it. It's come back as 750 which is what I knew it would at least be, but I was kind of hoping it would be a bit higher. That's fine for me tho I don't carry much other heavy gear at all, I had a 400 and a 250 tank both in my old connect but very rarely needed that much at all if ever. I've just got the 400 in the combo for now and was thinking of of going for a 500 which I think should be OK. 

Thanks for your help really appreciate it 

I am looking at a few van's a vauxhall combo 1.3 cc with 350 litre water tank and a couple of Dolbos they are both 1.3 cc one of the Doblo"s has a 350 litre water tanks the other has a 500 litre water.

Which is better one to go for?

If they are 2012 onwards they are the same vans. The Combo is made in the Fiat factory in turkey. I have a 1.3 Doblo which is ok with 350l tank in. Always want to put it in another gear at around 60 mph but only got 5. The 1.6 version has more power and 6 speeds and 1 ton payload. 

I agree with @spruce about fuel consumption point, mpg is almost null and void if you are doing short runs and stop starting as we do in our trade, typically with the Fiat Doblo aka Vauxhall Combo the swb version has a 750kg payload and the lwb version has a 1,000kg payload 

If they are 2012 onwards they are the same vans. The Combo is made in the Fiat factory in turkey. I have a 1.3 Doblo which is ok with 350l tank in. Always want to put it in another gear at around 60 mph but only got 5. The 1.6 version has more power and 6 speeds and 1 ton payload. 
Mines the 1.6 but its not a 1 ton payload, I think that's just the long wheelbase ones or L2 as they call them. 

It's all a bit confusing to be honest. 

Back