Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van sign written

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sign written mate.

I stopped adding work years ago but still had my new van sign written just because it looks a lot more professional than a plain van.

I also think it deters potential spur of the moment thieves. This is because if it’s plain, they might break in looking for power tools 

Written definitely, getting my new one done new year

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I was in two minds with my next van as I didn’t feel like the sign writing gained me much work, plus when I renewed my policy this year it added an extra £90 on the premium price. I’d say at least a dozen new customers over the past few months have said ‘I’ve seen your van and kept meaning to call’ so it does get noticed and makes a difference.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you have it done, inform your insurance, it will always cost you more on your premium and take it from me it doesn't deter thieves ! Citroen Relay lwb with 750 ltr hot water system fitted, nicked from outside a job as we worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Better to have a sign written van as it will get you noticed and it looks a bit more professional, says me who didn't have a sign written motor for 18 years 

Sighs  written van looks far more professional and pays for its self in a matter of months with people phoning saying I saw you working at ,,,,,, it has never increased my insurance premium don’t understand that one at all . Also by putting on the van what you do gutter vaccing, pressurewashing etc ones will see it and think my gutters are blocked and call we get lots of jobs like this . It also sets you apart from ones that arnt as how do you contact them if you don’t know them . 

Sighs  written van looks far more professional and pays for its self in a matter of months with people phoning saying I saw you working at ,,,,,, it has never increased my insurance premium don’t understand that one at all . Also by putting on the van what you do gutter vaccing, pressurewashing etc ones will see it and think my gutters are blocked and call we get lots of jobs like this . It also sets you apart from ones that arnt as how do you contact them if you don’t know them . 
I agree it does look far more professional then a plain van , telling people what you do and the trade bodies you're accredited to ( we are with Chas and Safecontractor), as for the insurance, next renewal it will ask if it's signwritten or not, the increase is about £25 because it isn't classed as a standard fitment on the vehicle. When I had the new van, it came with deadlocks and I nearly got charged extra for them until I pointed it out they were a security feature.

I agree it does look far more professional then a plain van , telling people what you do and the trade bodies you're accredited to ( we are with Chas and Safecontractor), as for the insurance, next renewal it will ask if it's signwritten or not, the increase is about £25 because it isn't classed as a standard fitment on the vehicle. When I had the new van, it came with deadlocks and I nearly got charged extra for them until I pointed it out they were a security feature.

My insurance company asked if it was sign written but didn’t charge more for it it just had to be declared 

Latest Posts

Back