Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I’m sorry another price question

Doddy111

Go on then lads and ladettes help me out with this one...

Did a first clean today and the customer wanted a price on cleaning the conny roof... I’ve only been at this 5 weeks and I’ve done 3 conny cleans in that time but they’ve all had the plastic roofs.

I’m worried about glass roofs as I don’t know how to identify self cleaning glass and I’ve read mixed responses from people about using degreaser on them. Any advice?

Finally how long should this take? At a guess I’m thinking a couple of hours work max. The neighbour has a flat roof I may be able to climb on to access the far side.

Any help appreciated

Couldn’t get anymore pics as I had 1% battery [emoji1361]

ff4eaa37f0fd1c2e054ea047557430b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'd avoid most chemicals, too much of a chance of damage. I've used washing up liquid before, it does work, albeit not as well as degreaser. Find a obscure spot on it to test whatever your thinking of using, see if it reacts. Also account for it to take up to twice as long as polycarb roofs

It would depend for me upon whether you are able to use the neighbors flat roof area between the house and conservatory or not. With permission to use it, I would allow 2 - 3 hrs to do a good job. Glass is a lot less forgiving than polycarbonate to clean and shows all the bits that don't rinse down easily. 

Unlikely to be self cleaning. If it is the customer should know. It should say somewhere on the glass if it is, either in the corner or along the edges in between the panes.

That looks a proper PITA and even I wouldn't fancy doing that in a couple of hours. Yes if it was a poly roof but no chance a glass one. If I were you I would ask to have a look from the inside, the PVC channel  down the middle looks like a dirt trap. I think to do it properly you'll need to virtually get above it so a large set of step ladders would help.

That is going to be fiddler especially if you arnt experience, I would allow 3 hours if it’ takes less then you are doing well I would put virosol mix 10 parts water to 1 part virosol evan if it’s self cleaning glass it should be fine we have done hundreds of them over 20 years and never had a problem . I would spray with mix give it a good rub with wfp rinse with the garden hose to remove all the bits etc then finish off with pure price wise I would want £200 to do the whole of the conservatory as you will have to do the sides as well , if it takes you longer don’t worry it’s a learning curve and you will do the next one quicker good luck with the job 

Cheers lads I was originally going to go with £80 for the roof only so I’m glad I asked on here first. I’m going to go in with £130 for the roof only or £190 full conny and see how I get on.

I was back working in that area today and managed to get some more pics and it doesn’t actually look that bad (famous last words)

af25ec64332726592484266634ed7e79.jpg

e29e697276ac7326fd819448b0e51834.jpg

Thanks for the help lads [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back