Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Clamp Shims

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have never replaced any of these in any of my poles , how do you determine when they should be changed @Alex Gardiner mine don’t appear to be worn but what would be the signs that it’s time to change them please 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never replaced any of these in any of my poles , how do you determine when they should be changed @Alex Gardiner mine don’t appear to be worn but what would be the signs that it’s time to change them please 
If they do not look worn and the lever action is still smooth then they probably do not need changing.

It can depend on the working environment of the pole, but sometimes with  use and dirt the shims can become grooved and rough in finish after months of use. If replaced the clamp action will be easier to operate and will feel much smoother.

Some clients never need to replace these and others replace every 6 months or so.

If they do not look worn and the lever action is still smooth then they probably do not need changing.

It can depend on the working environment of the pole, but sometimes with  use and dirt the shims can become grooved and rough in finish after months of use. If replaced the clamp action will be easier to operate and will feel much smoother.

Some clients never need to replace these and others replace every 6 months or so.
Thanks Alex that was a speedy reply 

Back