Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx gooseneck snapped

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

As per pic.. rough handled the gooseneck trying to get it out of the top section and bang! Snapped off leaving part of it still down inside the tube, any bright ideas how to get the rest out?

this was jammed solid prior to breaking, could not twist or turn it, zero movement.

C8408CDF-667D-4F58-8BC0-7EBB34BC52D2.jpeg

Have you unscrewed the clamp as much as you can and tried prising the clamp open with a flat headed screw driver and then try to move the gooseneck?

Or you could try clamping an adjustable spanner to the clamp and try twisting it out?

Have you unscrewed the clamp as much as you can and tried prising the clamp open with a flat headed screw driver and then try to move the gooseneck?

Or you could try clamping an adjustable spanner to the clamp and try twisting it out?
Yes I’ve prized the clamp open, I can’t  see how I can clamp anything onto it , now the top has snapped off, the tube has nothing protruding, it snapped level with the clamp.

I’m wondering if I can hammer it in rather than trying to extract it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Put the broken end of the clamp in the vice and wriggle it around it will come out then 
It is jammed solid, I’ve had it in the vice, I cant get it back in the vice as there is nothing to clamp, the gooseneck top has snapped off leaving the stem down inside the pole, nothing is protruding above the top clamp therefore nothing for the vice to grip onto.

It is jammed solid, I’ve had it in the vice, I cant get it back in the vice as there is nothing to clamp, the gooseneck top has snapped off leaving the stem down inside the pole, nothing is protruding above the top clamp therefore nothing for the vice to grip onto.
Ah ok didn’t realise that as part timer said try pushing it out with something or drill into it and try screwing a self tapper or similar into it and gripping that in the vice , they can be a right pain ?????

Ah ok didn’t realise that as part timer said try pushing it out with something or drill into it and try screwing a self tapper or similar into it and gripping that in the vice , they can be a right pain ?????
Yea thanks, as it’s solid in there I think the option of part timer is the way to go, it was always tight to get out but this time it’s solid in there, you can see by the pic that I gave it everything, but I’m gonna make sure the next one is not so tight in there as now & again they do need removing.

Back