Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renting rounds scotland

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Never done it but would think percentages are based against daily earnings. If 2 men can gross £500 a day with no collecting then would think 40% would be more than fair. If the take is £300 then 40% is excessive. You know the job and the area far better than me so should know what's fair. 

I’m currently renting out at a 75/25% split. Be careful when renting as you’ve no legal cover at all. I only do it with people that I know and can trust with my work. 

The only way I would consider renting out work is if the customers still paid me GoCardless and I send the contractor their share when I receive it.

That way the round is still yours in the customers heads and you have more control over it.

If they are very dishonest though, they may offer to discount them if they cancel the DD and tell you they've cancelled while doing it secretly on the side. I would have them sign a non compete agreement on the same postcodes. Enforcing it would be hard though.

As @Cleanco says, I'd only do it with someone I trust and I'd make sure everything was down in writing. 

If I was handling the money side so all they have to do is turn up and complete a work list and get paid a lump sum, I'd want 30%

Back