Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water softener before purification

Don

Hello Have a question. Just installed water softener in the house and wandering is this affect my ro system only difference I notice before water TDS coming to DI was 34ppm now with water softener it’s Dow to 4ppm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ppm?!?! You could prob just fill your tank direct from the tap without even having to go through any filtration with that TDS and get away with it ? Joking obviously but you'll not be using much resin with that! Lucky bugger!  

4ppm?!?! You could prob just fill your tank direct from the tap without even having to go through any filtration with that TDS and get away with it ? Joking obviously but you'll not be using much resin with that! Lucky bugger!  

I read the original post as it was 34 after r/o and now its 4ppm. I would still put that 4ppm through a di vessel. If his water was 34 from the tap originally he wouldn't have needed to spend the money on a water softener.

Hello Have a question. Just installed water softener in the house and wandering is this affect my ro system only difference I notice before water TDS coming to DI was 34ppm now with water softener it’s Dow to 4ppm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will make life a little easier for the membrane/s so they should last longer. They are just having to remove sodium ions. The water softener removes magnesium and calcium ions from the water and replaces those ions with sodium ions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back