Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stainless steel polish

JoeFish

Hi all. I clean a restaurant that has hanging glass on the mezzanine level. The cleaner decided to clean this glass with stainless steel cleaner. It's left a misty film over it. It's a fairly high profile restaurant and the manager is expecting me to clean it off. I've tried acetone, nail varnish remover, traffic film remover and plain old soap and water. It won't shift, I didn't create this problem, but I'm expected to remedy it. I suspect that the glass has been damaged by the chemicals in the stainless steel cleaner.

Any suggestions? Merry Xmas.

Tell him his cleaner messed it up so time to call his cleaners liability insurance to replace the glass.  

If he has an issue with that then tell him to find another window cleaner.  

It's nice to have high profile work on the books but only if it works for you and is not a headache. 

Yeah, they've sacked the cleaner. I'll just be really annoyed if I lose the work over somebody else's mistake. Thanks for your reply.

Tell them that this goes out of the domain of glass cleaning and into the realms of glass repair... which is a completely different profession.

If you want one last bash at it, maybe try a hard water remover like winsol? Removes deposits from glass showing stage one corrosion. Cerium Oxide is probably what you need to be honest. Put pea sized amount of it on a circular felt bit on a power drill to buff it out. Tried this before a few times. Make sure you wet the felt though as it gets hot with the friction.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back