Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what pressure can you go up to on Ro?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Im just now producing some pure on a 4021, with booster up to about 90. I notice a small amount of water gets out of the membrane housing at the pure end, doesnt seem to be a problem, but is probably because of the pressure etc. Just wonder does anyone else get this? and what pressure could you go up to max? could it do harm or can they take it? I think I could go up a touch to about 100, but dont know if this is best. Any advise as always is much appreciated.

its a 4021, good make from daqua, shouldnt be anything wrong with seal as hasnt been used too much, fairly new. will turn it up a tad.

(its only a tiny amount coming out, can hear it being pressured out, hopefully others have this?

4021 only refers to the size.  4” diameter 21” long.    Mine is 1812. Meaning 1.8” diameter, 12” long.    Do Daqua make the membrane?   You shouldn’t be getting leakers at 90psi

Just had a look, daqua are suppliers.  Not manufacturers.   

its the axeon membrane, to be honest this little bit of leaking even occured when I was getting 50 psi before i got the booster. It seems so tiny to not be a problem, just gets pressured out. Im waiting for others to say they get the same and its no problem, This is what im hoping anyway.

yeh 100 psi no prob, just wiped the suspect area, its not even so much as dripping, just a vapour almost seems to pressure out a bit. I reckon its fine.

If its leaking from the outlet the pure comes from then grab yourself some PTFE, take the connection of and smother it in PTFE that should solve it?

Im waiting for others to say they get the same and its no problem, This is what im hoping anyway.
I don't think you'll find many dude first things first I image a leak will be reducing pressure but either way the RO should be a sealed unit. @spruce is our resident RO expert, i'm sure he will be along shortly with the science behind it all!

yeh its not from the connector bit, its coming from the actual housing itself, the white circle bit that goes around the inside of the end bit. hard to describe.

doesnt seem to affect much, pressure still good as using booster and it is literally miniscule amount of water, like I say, not even enough to cause dripping, but none the less, still some kind of leaking. Hope its not major as it hasnt produced a huge amount. It certainly has never been dropped etc, I treated it like a baby lol.

yeh its not from the connector bit, its coming from the actual housing itself, the white circle bit that goes around the inside of the end bit. hard to describe.
If its not from the pure connector (the connector on the pure outlet isn't under pressure unless you block the pure end off) then its leaking at the join. You need to send on photo of where the leak is to @doug atkinson.

If its a champ housing then the only other place it could leak is from the o ring seal on the end cap. Sometimes leaks travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes will take a picture, it always did it, even when new and without a booster and as it didnt seem to cause any problem my dad thought it was fine. he was always the jack of all trades so left it. will get my digi camera out

I cant upload them, says 4.88m limit. It is dripping out of there. I cant believe mine is the only one that does it. Im just so unlucky I tell you. Anything that can go wrong does, and its not that ive mistreated that stuff, its been in kid gloves. over a year old so wouldnt be anything I could do about it. what a downer.

I cant upload them, says 4.88m limit. It is dripping out of there. I cant believe mine is the only one that does it. Im just so unlucky I tell you. Anything that can go wrong does, and its not that ive mistreated that stuff, its been in kid gloves. over a year old so wouldnt be anything I could do about it. what a downer.
If my memory serves me there was another cleaner who had a leak on the join. He had the housing up for sale on Ebay. His solution to the potential buyer was a bit of silicon sealer. I never knew what the outcome of that sale was though.

Ive had a think, and I reckon it should be fine. Its only a small amount comes out, and with the booster the ro gets  it from 530 tap to 10 out the ro, so its doing its job. and a litre every 40 seconds. as long as it doesnt get any worse I should be fine. Panicking as usual.

no mate, I cant get inside it, its from inside the membrane. Well, I say I cant, havent opened up a membrane up to now. It does seem like it shouldn't be a problem, and seems to be working ok as it is although would be more reassuring if it was a common thing. will phone doug up tomorrow and see if its just one of those things that are ok.

Back