Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo water pump

im not 100% sure, but what ive seen on other threads and on utube for a trolley the pump dont need to be as powerful as for a van mount. 2nd hand may be good, but should be cheap as chips, otherwise brand new wont cost too much, some of these boys on here will know. keep at it mate, beat the system and be your own boss 

A rule of thumb guide is 1psi per meter of hose.    But then add in the high vertical of your pole.    From a trolly, I wouldn’t go for anything below 60psi.    Second hand are fine.  Diaphragm and valve last a long time.  But to replace is easy and relatively cheap

you probably seen them, but I recommend going on utube for tips and advise on setting stuff up. These lads are great and share their knowledge, just google wfp trolley/van mount/ or anything you think of,

Does it make much difference with the psi of a shurflo pump?

Does it matter if its 2nd hand?

Sorry for questions im just new to window cleaning and looking to build a trolley fed system .

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If I was building a DIY trolley I would chose a pump, battery and controller rather carefully.

I know Purefreedom used Shurflo pumps and Spring controllers on their 'old' trolley system, but they also had a suitable leisure battery to power that pump. Our Shurflo pumps consume around 4.5 amps an hour using our Varistream controllers. You need a good amph battery to do a full day's work. This battery must account for the 50% rule if its a lead acid battery. We estimate that on a compact domestic round 50% of our working day is actually pumping water to wash windows.

If you are going to use our estimate and work 8 hours, then we would use 18 amps of battery power. If we had a lead acid battery we would need to size one around 40 amps to account for the 50% 'rule'. A 9amp battery isn't suitable for the job - period.

I see the latest Nano trolley from PF uses a lithium battery and a smaller draw Streamline pump.

Before I did anything I would also look at the internals of a Gardiner backpack. Your trolley is going to do the same work as this backpack and my son has used mine as his main cleaning tool for the past 3 years without issue. But the pump used on that backpack isn't suitable for adding an additional long length of hose on a hose reel to.

Personally, I would buy a complete Gardiner V3 backpack and mount it on a suitable trolley with a ratchet strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would buy a complete Gardiner V3 backpack and mount it on a suitable trolley with a ratchet strap.
Backpack £110

Water containers £20 for 4

Heavy duty sack truck £30 (Screwfix)

Thats what I have but to be honest I've stopped taking on work where i can't just use the van mount now unless its an existing customer recommendation.

There's a chap on eBay that sells a decent trolley set up for £276. If you aren't great at DIY thats a good little shout for something longer term. It is a ball ache loading up the sack truck each time I want to use it. If you are capable of putting it together then you could obviously do it a fair bit cheaper. The little folding sack truck is available on Amazon for £50 at last check.

02fbb4a3d9df7442c080033d78316bbe.jpg
02fbb4a3d9df7442c080033d78316bbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Decent ta, that helps alot

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would be spending the least amount I could on equipment atm and investing what I have, time and resources, to build a window cleaning round. You need to work with what you have now and not what "money you hope to get for Christmas."

You've got a trolley and a water source, you need a few water containers, a backpack and a pole.

These are all useless without customers. Gardiners is open on the 24th so you might be able to place an order and shipped on Monday. You need to get door knocking asap to drum up some business.

Back