Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Coxreel 1125. Anyone Got One?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

My reel is about to die and I'm thinking about getting a Coxreel 1125. There's a few on eBay that are being sold from the USA. They work out at about £300 after import tax and postage. This is the one I reckon is the correct one to buy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COXREELS-1125-4-325-Competitor-reel-capable-of-325-of-1-2-hose/362398530910?hash=item5460a2bd5e:g:UFoAAOSwfxFbjn-B. Has anyone got one and can they confirm the actual model number? This one is 1125-4-325. I understand that the 325 is the length it will hold in feet, but what does the 4 stand for?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've seen them on Gardiners site, but they work out at £390 inc VAT. I don't think they'd like me emailing and asking about it and then taking my custom elsewhere. I'm also unsure how you would connect it to 1/2" garden hose as there looks like a brass swivel with a screw thread in it.

I've seen them on Gardiners site, but they work out at £390 inc VAT. I don't think they'd like me emailing and asking about it and then taking my custom elsewhere. I'm also unsure how you would connect it to 1/2" garden hose as there looks like a brass swivel with a screw thread in it.

I would imagine it would be 1/2" with a 1/2" hose barb. It says this on the spec on Ebay

Hose Inlet Size (in):

1/2 NPT(F)

So you would need something like this

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/fittings-barbs-adapters-etc/hose-fittings-screw-to-barb/metal-male-screw-thread-to-hose-barb-fittings.html

However, coming from America it would have NPT threads rather than BSP. I see the Cox website does say that you can optionally order the swivel with BSP threads.

The other alternative is

https://www.nero.co.uk/catalogue/product.aspx?node_id=dc9eedd8-349a-47c3-a584-3c143cb51dc7

I see Nero also do other NPT hose tails in stainless steel so I'm sure they would have something suitable to accommodate minibore or microbore hose.

Personally, I would be considering the width of the Cox reel. It takes up a bit more floor space than say a Grippa Reel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arnt cox reels but the fittings are the same from what I was told when I bought mine , there is no harm in asking what fittings you would need it’s all part of the deciding process of what you buy and from whom, you may well decide to buy it from them they might offer you a deal who knows  . This is a couple of pictures of mine I have no idear of the thread but it’s just normal 1/2 inch male hose fittings if this helps 

29D5FEAE-182A-465E-844C-0853FB6B30E5.jpeg

856B0F1C-C20F-4D0E-8DF1-45CB6CC39B5E.jpeg

Mine arnt cox reels but the fittings are the same from what I was told when I bought mine , there is no harm in asking what fittings you would need it’s all part of the deciding process of what you buy and from whom, you may well decide to buy it from them they might offer you a deal who knows  . This is a couple of pictures of mine I have no idear of the thread but it’s just normal 1/2 inch male hose fittings if this helps 
View attachment 15375
View attachment 15376
I've got a Cox reel,really good reels however i use this now.i can be a$$ed reeling in by hand these days.....20181113_144746.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 15375

View attachment 15376

That's interesting @Pjj. I'm presuming the one hose on the Y piece is the feed to the hose reel and the other is to a van port for another reel to be used externally if required.

One of the local lads has both his hose reels fixed in the back of his van. Every so often he washes them down with soapy water and rinses them off whilst still fixed inside. The inside of the van was full of soap suds and water when I saw it and spoke to him on Monday. Good thing it wasn't his old transit van.

At least with my wheeled hose reel I can wash the hose down on the road and let it drip off before putting it back in the Van. I know @dazmond has his on a wood board which would make is semi portable.

Thanks for your input @spruce and @Pjj. I think I might go for a grippa reel. @dazmond, firstly, welcome to the best forum and secondly, what connectors did you buy with your Grippa? I use half inch garden hose from the pump to a hozelock on the reel.

Thanks for your input @spruce and @Pjj. I think I might go for a grippa reel. @dazmond, firstly, welcome to the best forum and secondly, what connectors did you buy with your Grippa? I use half inch garden hose from the pump to a hozelock on the reel.
That isn't a grippa reel it's a reel master from purefreedom that Daz has got.

Thanks for your input [mention=125]spruce[/mention] and [mention=2439]Pjj[/mention]. I think I might go for a grippa reel. [mention=7333]dazmond[/mention], firstly, welcome to the best forum and secondly, what connectors did you buy with your Grippa? I use half inch garden hose from the pump to a hozelock on the reel.
It's a pure freedom reelmaster mate.....it comes with a half inch barb on the side of the reel so you simply push it on and tighten with a few jubilee clips....jobs a good un...they are not cheap at around £600 but I'd get one of these instead of a Cox reel..once you go electric trust me you will never go back to a manual(unless it's an emergency).....

It's a pure freedom reelmaster mate.....it comes with a half inch barb on the side of the reel so you simply push it on and tighten with a few jubilee clips....jobs a good un...they are not cheap at around £600 but I'd get one of these instead of a Cox reel..once you go electric trust me you will never go back to a manual(unless it's an emergency).....

Ok cheers, I'll have a look at pure freedom. Do you have a separate leisure battery to run the reel? How have you secured the reel to the van floor?

That's interesting @Pjj. I'm presuming the one hose on the Y piece is the feed to the hose reel and the other is to a van port for another reel to be used externally if required.

One of the local lads has both his hose reels fixed in the back of his van. Every so often he washes them down with soapy water and rinses them off whilst still fixed inside. The inside of the van was full of soap suds and water when I saw it and spoke to him on Monday. Good thing it wasn't his old transit van.

At least with my wheeled hose reel I can wash the hose down on the road and let it drip off before putting it back in the Van. I know @dazmond has his on a wood board which would make is semi portable.

Hi spruce yes one part of the y piece feeds the fixed reel the others feeds the free standing reel if we use them with ports under the van 

Ok cheers, I'll have a look at pure freedom. Do you have a separate leisure battery to run the reel? How have you secured the reel to the van floor?

no..... i have two 105ah numax batteries down the side of my tank already that run my system and a smart split charge relay so i simply connected up the wires to one of the batteries.....

i have a piece of chipboard(covered with black plastic sheeting and stapled)at the back of my tank so i screwed the reel to it....saves drilling through my van floor.....

I looked at those cox reels but they're really wide. I wanted to fit my pressure washer, gutter vac etc in there too. Went with the ProLoc one from WCW in the end. Its the same as the power up HD but without the power part.

I found an easy way to secure it to the floor without drilling. I got some wood and stuck it to the floor with that Gorilla glue stuff. Then I used Protectakote to seal the wood and bolt the reel to the wood. Works a treat!

I looked at those cox reels but they're really wide. I wanted to fit my pressure washer, gutter vac etc in there too. Went with the ProLoc one from WCW in the end. Its the same as the power up HD but without the power part.

I found an easy way to secure it to the floor without drilling. I got some wood and stuck it to the floor with that Gorilla glue stuff. Then I used Protectakote to seal the wood and bolt the reel to the wood. Works a treat!

Ive just read some reviews on the ProLoc and one bloke was saying that he couldn't get a full 100 metres of hose on the reel without it catching the metal support. Does this reel come with connections?

Ive just read some reviews on the ProLoc and one bloke was saying that he couldn't get a full 100 metres of hose on the reel without it catching the metal support. Does this reel come with connections?
They are a good reel but I outdone pay the extra and get the powerup you won’t regret it.

I would advise using the 6mm hose as it better to handle than the 8mm hose in general all round use.

Proloc works perfect with 100m of 6mm hose.

proloc works perfect with 100m of 8mm hose after a really simple modification.

See photo where my finger is pointing l just dropped the cross bar down one hole and then the full 100m 8mm hose don’t rub on the crossbar. 

3EC951CB-02D6-47B6-AB6D-8DF4CE8B2997.jpeg

AFDFF962-32A8-464F-B57D-85BFD1D41AC4.jpeg

I was just logged on to tag @Den but he's beaten me to it haha.

I have 100m of 6mm hose on it. Ain't bothered to drop the bar down, if its loose and I get a bit of overspin then the last couple of metres catches but as long as I wind it in evenly it's alright. The hose WCW supply with it is ?, very thin compared to what I have from Gardiners, that wouldn't catch at all but I don't imagine it would last as long so I don't use it.

With regards to connections I went for rectus 26 fittings. Only needed a bit of PTFE, some O rings and a jubilee clip.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/pro-026-hose-tail-with-1-4-male-screw-end.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/pro-026-couplings/pro-026-endstop-6mm.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/pro-026-couplings/pro-026-endstop-1-2.html

I find the cheapetal reels become very good reels with a d.i.y electric conversion.

2 man setup in my van £100 of bits and two old reels. Save a grand

IMG_20181228_190116~2.jpg

I have an electric grippa reel, you’re not far from me so if you want to take a look you’re more than welcome.

We would welcome a review of this reel please.

The Reelmaster comes with an electronic speed and dead end controller but Grippa don't mention any such system on theirs. They just note a "push button control".

How do you guys with fixed reels deal with dirty hose in this wet winter weather, especially using under body rollers?

Back