Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SEO recommendations ?

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Can anyone recommend an seo person/company ? 

I have a decent grasp of SEO and ranked a few sites on the first page of Google but can't be bothered to really delve Into in and learn more I'd rather just pay someone. 

Preferably someone who can do o site and off-site stuff and Google business etc.

Cheers

Whatever happened to @K in Kent

?

I've been looking out for him too,  not sure what's happened to him, my Website is just for show really as I'm not getting any enquiries from it and apart from my local area ranking my Google ranking is poor, I do get enquiries from Yell but that's dried up I'm helping my partner start a Business now and going part time I think the trade is dying a death even more concerning is the complete lack of Commercial enquiries.  

If you have a decent grasp of SEO already its worth seeing if your web hosting provider has an SEO plan. They tell you what basics you need to change and then monitor things for you. Problem with an SEO expert is they normally only put things right at that point but Google make over 600 changes each year. I'm using the Christmas break to update my site, it wants me to change my wording and have less ''passive'' sentences and more ''active'' ones.... I literally don't get it. Considering trying 123-Reg' SEO tool because I believe they will highlight the problems and tell me how to change them. It's a full time job just to keep up with the changes nowadays.

My missus has started a Furniture Up Cycle Business I've found a Company that does a 4 page website for £150 a year it's hosted and provides SEO from £20 per month good reviews as well.

Yeh @Poles Apart my website produces very little, maybe 1 enquiry a month.

Not too fussed as I have other ways of gaining work but it would be nice to get a few more from it seen as its there 

K in Kent was very reasonably priced. I've looked at it in the past and some companies want £300 or more a month.

Window cleaning is never going to get a good enough return for it to be worth paying that much.

Probably a freelancer would be the best bet I shall look around.

Across the board, some people assume that a website is a golden ticket to gain work and it just isn't I know of two very successful window cleaners with multiple vans etc and one, in particular, their website is so basic and outdated but they have over 6 vans on the road, now I know we are talking SEO here but its better to working all angles such as FB etc for over 8 years or so I was the only local window cleaner in my area to have a website and the work and enquires via the site has never been anything to shout about the vast majority of my work comes in through FB I simply treat my site as an advertisement that's it.  

I know of two very successful window cleaners with multiple vans etc and one, in particular, their website is so basic and outdated but they have over 6 vans on the road
Google baffle me. Theres a lad in the next village over from me who has a shocking website (Sorry if you're reading this Si, but it is) Still ranks higher than me on google. Its not been updated the entire time i've been a window cleaner. They set these stupid rules but don't make everything stick to them. My site is simple with a modern style, there is no reason I should be outperformed by older dated sites once SEO is in place ?‍♂️

I've spent the last few days updating my SEO. Got the main pages I want done and sorted, will have the rest done before I start back. I'm page one of Google for the homepage search and moved from page 4 to page 2 on another important page.

So here's the weird thing, I'm the top ranked window cleaner with Yell in 2 areas of Birmingham and also with Google in one of those area's, the other area with google I've gone back to page 10 gave up then and no listing?????? 

So here's the weird thing, I'm the top ranked window cleaner with Yell in 2 areas of Birmingham and also with Google in one of those area's, the other area with google I've gone back to page 10 gave up then and no listing?????? 
There's a guy round here who ranks high with Yell. Only recently started out, no reviews etc. It is clear to me that Yell are buying that space but he doesn't come up elsewhere. If you type his entire business name into Google his website isn't on page 1 but his Yell listing is. They do have some serious budget to throw about though!

Back