Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Storage in Van

Tuffers

I'm taking time off over Xmas and have decided to have a look at what I can do to make storing my poles in the van better than I currently do. I use gutter pipes hanging down from the roof ATM. @P4dstar and @steve garwood, you have/had a Citroen Dispatch. How do you store your poles?

I'm taking time off over Xmas and have decided to have a look at what I can do to make storing my poles in the van better than I currently do. I use gutter pipes hanging down from the roof ATM. @P4dstar and @steve garwood, you have/had a Citroen Dispatch. How do you store your poles?
I’ve always said I don’t understand the obsession on using pipes for storage of poles.

I’ve done the same format on my new transit as I did in my expert.

Shelf brackets screwed to the bulkhead with a length of 2 by 1 piece of timber all the way across.

Then another length of 2 by 1 across the width of the van roughly 10” down from the roof and running across over the wheel arches.

Before you fit the timber, attach that anti slip netting. 

Every 3-4” screw kitchen door ***** to the timber so they face up.

The netting will stop the poles slipping forward.

The ***** will stop the poles rolling.

You can fit 5-6 poles with this method.

I will try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow 

A simple little frame at the bulkhead end wide enough for 4 poles. Then quick release wire storage bendable hooks at the other. Just untwist and go. 

P.S Just a note they have hung there for over two years, covering hundreds of miles and no they haven’t fell down. Have replaced the wire hooks as the wire will break overtime constantly undoing and doing them up. 

F3809170-BFD8-4DEF-971C-0317E2B22D62.jpeg

I only have the one pole. I have a piece of pipe zip tied to the roof down the centre. I quite like the idea of using munsen rings from the roof but the only section they could go is down the centre and there are some electrics running through there. I reckon there must be some points under the plastic covering the top sides that you could pin some of those pole rack things to.

i made my pole holders using gutter downpipes and the down pipe brackets, on the transit customs though they have a big box section at the very back roof of the van so i had to drop the bracket with a few spacers by an inch or so!

A simple little frame at the bulkhead end wide enough for 4 poles. Then quick release wire storage bendable hooks at the other. Just untwist and go. 

P.S Just a note they have hung there for over two years, covering hundreds of miles and no they haven’t fell down. Have replaced the wire hooks as the wire will break overtime constantly undoing and doing them up. 

View attachment 15379
Hi @Stevieboy that's the kind of thing I'm looking for!  Where did you get the wire hooks? 

I couldn't bring myself to drill through the bulkhead ?
I did that on the day I took delivery of the van brand new.

Got to admit I was thinking ‘what am I doing ?’

Glad I did though, I keep a pole either side attached to the reels either side. Just open the left or right sliding door, grab the pole and go.

Theres also a pole in the middle of the rack for backpack or trolley. Just open the back doors and go, no messing ??

I'll tell you what I think would be ideal. It would be some sort of two part pole, plastic or metal that you can extend by twisting a screwthread inside it with rubber ends that would extend to the sides of the van and be held in place when you screw the two pieces apart.

Anyone got any idea where this sort of thing could be bought?

I used existing holes. No drilling. Removed a little bit of trim at the bulkhead and used the M8 tapped holes. Don’t like drilling vans. Although my next project I have drilled a hole to use the hose with the doors closed. 

I'll tell you what I think would be ideal. It would be some sort of two part pole, plastic or metal that you can extend by twisting a screwthread inside it with rubber ends that would extend to the sides of the van and be held in place when you screw the two pieces apart.

Do you mean like a curtain rail or clothes rail? Maybe ikea 

You can get an extending pole for a shower curtain, that might be the sort of thing you are thinking of. ?

https://www.toolstation.com/telescopic-shower-rail/p88319

View attachment 15379

couldnt be arsed with that myself....its easier to put 2 soil pipes up....nice and tidy......then you simply slide your poles in when your off to your next job(cleaning the pole hose of course beforehand)

Latest Posts

Back