Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterfedpolehelp

600l is 600kg.   Plus near 40kg for the tank itself.   Tank of fuel, 70+kg.   Leisure battery 20kg.  Hose reel, 10kg?    You 90kg?  I don’t know how much you weigh.  But all these things need to be taken into account.   If you payload is 750kg, that leaves very little room after a full tank is fitted.     I would weight everything you plan to put in the van (including you).  Add it all up then go for the van that has a payload larger than the weight you want to put in it 

600l is 600kg.   Plus near 40kg for the tank itself.   Tank of fuel, 70+kg.   Leisure battery 20kg.  Hose reel, 10kg?    You 90kg?  I don’t know how much you weigh.  But all these things need to be taken into account.   If you payload is 750kg, that leaves very little room after a full tank is fitted.     I would weight everything you plan to put in the van (including you).  Add it all up then go for the van that has a payload larger than the weight you want to put in it 

Good advice.?

Also a reminder about ladders, a roof rack and maybe a towbar as well. All these use up payload.

My son has an 800 LX Berlingo. I fitted a 500 liter tank to it. With that model Citroen allowed 75kgs for the driver's weight (they didn't advertise it) so the Berlingo actually had an 875kg payload.

If his tank is brimmed, his step ladder, hose reel, SLX25, leisure battery, a full tank of diesel, backpack and a spare 25 liter container he is pretty close his weight limit. If I get in to the passenger side then the van is overloaded.

So that van is no good for a two operator system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many don’t realise that the fuel weight has to be deducted from the payload.  Let alone the driver (most don’t give leeway for driver like the Berlingo do).  Most think 750kg payload means you can put 750kg in the back then abit more on the front seats.   Wrong wrong wrong.    Some vehicles. (My car for one) doesn’t even take into account the engine oil and coolant believe it or not 

What payload do I need for 600 tank?

They differ from 750 to 1500 kg
You have to be careful when buying any vehicles.

In the old days a Transit T280 was just big enough for a 2 man system with only necessary items. The T260 was the same size van but only had an 800kg payload.

Peugeot did the same with the Boxer SWB 2004 to 2006. The 250s had a payload of 660kgs with a 2.0l hdi engine. The 290s a payload of 1000kgs with a 2.2 hdi engine.. Citroen Relay (same van) had the 1100 with a 2.0hdi engine and its payload was 1154kgs.

Back