Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Gear selector knackered

Den

Gear selector knackered the van has worked really hard since I have owned, it so have bought a secondhand  Vauxhall combo lwb 1000 kg pay load.

Had too use a spray bedliner that Mymate ordered online next day delivery from amazon as couldn’t find anywhere to buy an alternative until next week due to most shops closed for Xmas, painted today and hopefully kitted out tomorrow. 

As a two man team this is the perfect size vechicle for a lot of our work in town due to really tight and congested streets, also all our work is local so we go home for lunch and top up water when necessary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted mate! Had gearbox probs with my Vivaro so I moved over to a new dispatch on lease. You gonna stick with that van liner long term or change it when the suppliers re-open next week?

He as sprayed plenty where the tank will be and have a couple of spray cans left to respray bas will probably scratch floor coating when lifting in the tank tomorrow ido for now can always go over again and refresh at a later date. It's not very good tbh.

the van will do for now as I may go on my own in the future. 

The floor was still slight wet but we went ahead with fitting the tank, as predicted scratched the floor but I have some more paint coming tomorrow so will respray after van is outfitted. 

736EEF9C-89D0-426F-87C0-EEC5E53C6434.jpeg

E9682DDB-396F-484C-A17F-3BCD890E0527.jpeg

88BEF7A1-9411-4635-91BB-3E74932C8597.jpeg

Van is getting there floor repainted, pole holders installed and second reel installed all just needs to be plumbed in to finish 5minute job just a few more jobs my  mate is going to make some little trays for the trad gear and bottle holders eith r side of my HD reel on top of the tank. IMG_0523.JPG

Back