Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac hose

Hi all I've picked up a Sealey pc477 Wet n' dry cleaner for gutter cleaning. Just about to order the flag poles, parasol cover, crevice tools etc, as recommended on other posts on this forum.

Something I cant find any info on is good, decent, cheap suppliers of 2" or 50mm flexi hose.

What do you suggest I search for, any recommendations?

Also how much should I order, the machine has 2400 watts power and a 77l drum.

Thanks in advance, Nathan.

I don’t think you will find good cheap hose , Grippatank sell it by the meter we have 12 meters this saves moving the vac so often , I cannot remember what it cost with the cuffs give them a ring 

I used to have 5 metres of cheap hose which meant I had to move the vac about. Soon got fed up with this and got the real deal.

10 metres of expensive hose and professional connections from spinaclean, what a difference.

That's why I said if you're on your own you need minimum 10 metres. 

I got the cheap hose along with my poles. Inside of the hose is corrugated so after my first job the hose became really heavy. I then realized that the sand from the tiles which was in the gutter had rested nicely in the grooves of the hose. That's the difference between cheap hose and expensive hose, no grooves inside the expensive hose. 

I got the cheap hose along with my poles. Inside of the hose is corrugated so after my first job the hose became really heavy. I then realized that the sand from the tiles which was in the gutter had rested nicely in the grooves of the hose. That's the difference between cheap hose and expensive hose, no grooves inside the expensive hose. 
Even with the smooth 50mm hose using 10m you can still get a build up where the hose runs along the floor, if you're working on big jobs. That's why I use 5m hose as there's always 2 of us when I'm clearing gutters, one man vaccing and the other moving generator and vacuum.

Even with the smooth 50mm hose using 10m you can still get a build up where the hose runs along the floor, if you're working on big jobs. That's why I use 5m hose as there's always 2 of us when I'm clearing gutters, one man vaccing and the other moving generator and vacuum.

Handy having your own power, don't even need the customer to be in. If I was doing gutters every week then I would invest in a new genny.

I use a 5m hose on my own. I don't move the gen just have a 50m extension running off it. Ideally it would be handy to have a 10m hose. Might just try getting another 5m hose and connector as with would be handy.

I had a problem with my vac last job before Christmas. Suction reduced a lot when I went to do a job. Anyway I tried getting the filter off but I couldn't on the job because I left my tool box at home. Anyway got job done slowly. Got home ended up forcibly removing the filter because what it screws into was twisting when I went to unscrewed it. Once removed tested it on my own gutter and it sucked like brand new even blue it's fuse, putting all three motors at once. So now I don't have a filter and I dont think I will replace it. For a while I've been thinking it was losing power but it's the filter.. I always wash it after every job but suction is reduced. So the conclusion I've come to is that on the high end vacs that use a bolt in filter they need to be replaced relatively often to keep the suction very high. So long as I dampen down the gutter it does not need the filter.

I had a problem with my vac last job before Christmas. Suction reduced a lot when I went to do a job. Anyway I tried getting the filter off but I couldn't on the job because I left my tool box at home. Anyway got job done slowly. Got home ended up forcibly removing the filter because what it screws into was twisting when I went to unscrewed it. Once removed tested it on my own gutter and it sucked like brand new even blue it's fuse, putting all three motors at once. So now I don't have a filter and I dont think I will replace it. For a while I've been thinking it was losing power but it's the filter.. I always wash it after every job but suction is reduced. So the conclusion I've come to is that on the high end vacs that use a bolt in filter they need to be replaced relatively often to keep the suction very high. So long as I dampen down the gutter it does not need the filter.

Aye, that's what mine states. When lifting water then I have to remove the bag filter inside. As I am nearly always lifting some water I decided to get rid of filter and working great.

Thank you all for your input answering my questions its very appreciated.

Everything I ordered has arrived so I'll be practising on my own house before doing any proper jobs.

How do you guys store or keep your hose when not in use? I was thinking of one of those big Ikea bags with the zip top.

Thanks, Nathan

Everything I ordered has arrived so I'll be practising on my own house before doing any proper jobs.

How do you guys store or keep your hose when not in use? I was thinking of one of those big Ikea bags with the zip top.

Thanks, Nathan
Curl mine up and leave it in the vac drum, not going to get damaged in there.

I use 4m on my own and have no problem moving the machine.....on a house with a gutter back and front your only moving the machine once with an average semi.

10m is 6m of wasted vac power.

Thanks, Nathan
I coil up my hose inside the drum of the vac and just stand the motor on top of it 12 meters will just about fit inside a 70 ltr drum 

Latest Posts

Back