Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finshed Tucker Hydro Blade.

paul alan

Just finished this...Gives an awesome rinse.  It is very similar to the X-line rinse bar except the hydroblade gives a much better flow.

I did buy an X-line rinse bar and sold it right away, as soon as I saw the flow I knew it wasn't for me. Very fine "splashy" jets.

I'm looking forward to bashing some windows out with this.

Finshed Tucker.jpg

Finshed Tucker 2.jpg

Tucker hydroblade.jpg

Looking good do you think the rinse bar in the middle of the brush with be better than the bar on top of the brush. I always enjoy your posts Paul ?

Looking good do you think the rinse bar in the middle of the brush with be better than the bar on top of the brush. I always enjoy your posts Paul ?
Thanks Den, I think in some situations it will.

After a good solid 6-8 weeks with the over the top rinse bars I've learned, they are great on some windows and awkward on others. For me the fastest most effective cleaning method is a flexible one. It's about knowing which brush/jet set-up is going to be the best for the job in hand and having a variety to choose from.

The three main factors to consider are quality, efficiency, and fatigue. Adding more jets to my brushes gives me more coverage with precision, as opposed to fan jets where you get more coverage with less precision. The rinse bars are great on "straightforward" windows/frames and actually slow me down where I need precision.

I'm in my element with this window cleaning game because I'm constantly evolving/getting better and faster at what I do, and I'm not limited to whats on offer to the mainstream with regards to equipment, it's all easily adaptable to suit my particular style(s).

I'm 9 years in and not getting bored, that's because I see things in a different light to most I suppose. But it all boils down to earning a living, I'm happy with my current earning as I have days where I earn £400+ and finish by 4 pm. I will keep striving to better that this year. 

Yep looking good. Where did you get the hydro blade?thanks
I got from my constructor brush, which I'm selling.

Noticed that myself some windows that are awkward but just like you I carry extra brushes for those situation and 100 degree fan jets will be following the progress of this thread reckon you could be onto something ?

Great idea. I have a couple of questions. What if you press too hard on the brush, will the hydro blade come into contact with the glass? Do you think you'll use more or less water a day? Make sure no one pinches your ideas. Your ideas could make you a bit of dosh.

Great idea. I have a couple of questions. What if you press too hard on the brush, will the hydro blade come into contact with the glass? Do you think you'll use more or less water a day? Make sure no one pinches your ideas. Your ideas could make you a bit of dosh.
My ideas will make some dosh, for me!

The hydroblade is notorious for breaking when hit, I did contemplate encasing it in something to cover the jets. I decided it wasn't needed, the bristles in the tucker inner trim are stiff, I would have to push super hard to come into contact with the hydroblade. I have tied the hydroblade down to near the bottom but not all the way, so if by any chance I do come into contact with something (I doubt it) then it will have some room to "move" rather than break. Honestly, I feel the hydrobalde is safer inside them bristles than it is on the constructor brush.

Water wise, I'm not sure. I don't have a digital controller, its a dial and I usually work on 3/4. This I can work on 3/5 no problem so a bit less pressure but maybe will make up for that with the flow, so I guess about the usual amount. If it turns out to be a more effective rinse then it'll be quicker and therefore use less water, time will tell.

Latest Posts

Back