Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many buckets of water?

0. Washing up liquid bottle full of soapy water, use it to keep applicator damp. Reduces spillage and water getting on sills. If using a bucket 1 will be more than enough

I'd use hardly any. I carry 1 litre of water,and 500ml eco washing up liquid on my belt. Add water to applicator (preferably outside)then a couple of blobs of soap,and good to go.
I top up water maybe 3 times a day,and soap ,once a week.
Obviously the less wet you have applicator ,for internal work,the better,as easier to control the dirty water coming off the glass then.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As Cookie,Applicator just damp with some Fairy platinum on, spray mist window pane, applicator ta adgitate dirt,,squeegee off,detail.

Do you guys use the spray bottle technique for outside as well as inside?

I don't use a spray bottle, just ready mixed solution in an old washing up bottle. I do carry a bucket, with clean water in so that I can rinse applicator when dirty. Small squirt on applicator and crack on. As I use a liquidator I need it quite soapy, and just using a bucket I was using a bottle every 4 days!

I don't use a spray bottle, just ready mixed solution in an old washing up bottle. I do carry a bucket, with clean water in so that I can rinse applicator when dirty. Small squirt on applicator and crack on. As I use a liquidator I need it quite soapy, and just using a bucket I was using a bottle every 4 days!
Apologies,question was meant for mike and cookie above,who both use the spray bottle technique.
Yes I use liquidators too,unless I'm working on wooden framed windows,then I switch to s plus channel, with razr rubber.
I mix solution as I go along,so no premixed,I add soap to applicator and water separately as I need it. Works well.

0. Washing up liquid bottle full of soapy water, use it to keep applicator damp. Reduces spillage and water getting on sills. If using a bucket 1 will be more than enough
I use a pump garden sprayer with warm water and a little dish soap. The nozzle can be adjusted to spray or stream. Really helps inside...less to carry around.

One cool box half full of soapy water will last me 3 days. 

Insides I use  small drinks bottle to damp the applicator... That little bottle will do a few insides. 

Back