Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning Courses

DJT

Hi all, looking at doing moss removal on roofs as I think its a gap in the market in my area, then obviously moving into softwash. I want to get a decent start on it so lookong at attending a course. Anybody got anyone they recommend for this? 

After digging around seems courses are a bit hit and miss, so hands on training seems to be better. Anyone willing to have a helper for the day on a soft wash job? Based in the midlands! Will buy lunch ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, looking at doing moss removal on roofs as I think its a gap in the market in my area, then obviously moving into softwash. I want to get a decent start on it so lookong at attending a course. Anybody got anyone they recommend for this? 

After digging around seems courses are a bit hit and miss, so hands on training seems to be better. Anyone willing to have a helper for the day on a soft wash job? Based in the midlands! Will buy lunch ?

Cheak out Darran Smith purple rhino softwashing his course is very good based in Kent 

Anyone willing to have a helper for the day on a soft wash job? Based in the midlands! Will buy lunch ?

So let me see if I got this right?  The only value you place on someone taking the time and effort to show you the ropes in a business that could earn you £500 to £Thousands per day if done right is the price of a meal deal?  

Take the advice of @Pjj and check out the courses offered by Darran Smith at Purple Rhino then see if a cheese sandwich and bottle of pop still seems a fair trade off.  ??? 

Take the advice of @Pjj and check out the courses offered by Darran Smith at Purple Rhino then see if a cheese sandwich and bottle of pop still seems a fair trade off.  
I guess I had that coming @Pro Clean Solutions ! Just putting the feelers out as I didn't want to go on a course that just locked you into a certain companies products or solutions and was just a selling pitch if you know what I mean. I will have a word with Purple Rhino and see what the crack is ??

I guess I had that coming @Pro Clean Solutions ! Just putting the feelers out as I didn't want to go on a course that just locked you into a certain companies products or solutions and was just a selling pitch if you know what I mean. I will have a word with Purple Rhino and see what the crack is ??

It doesn’t lock you into just using his chemicals , we use a wide variety off stuff from various companies , what a course will teach you is how to do the job safely ,the type of chemical needed for killing different types of moss: algy: mould etc and how to use the products safely all very important things before trying to do this type of work .

we have been doing this type of work for 10 years and recently have done a course with him I was shocked just how little I knew before going on it , learned a lot , for the sake of a few hundred quid it’s money well spent Ime certainly glad we went 

Your man Darren Smith has taken abit of a battering on FB recently.dont think too many people liked him by the sound of it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ime not on face book as most are just back stabbers and haven’t got a clue what they are talking about , Darran is very knowledgeable on the subject and is leading company in this country for  softwashing you don’t turn over 3:5 million if you don’t know what you are doing , everyone is entitled to there opinions but some think they know more than the market leaders , knowing Darren I doubt it will bother him very much there’s an old saying there is no such thing as bad publicity ???

Your man Darren Smith has taken abit of a battering on FB recently.dont think too many people liked him by the sound of it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Let's see, Darran Smith - Purple Rhino - Multi Million pound business now.  

99.9% of mouthy gits on FB = battered Vauxhall Combo and not a clue as to how to wash their own a£$e let alone a building.  

I know whom i'd rather learn from.  

I quit all FB groups as they're full of mugs.  I would get slagged off every time I posted pics of a roof we'd cleaned and told by the armchair experts we'd done it all wrong.  

However we were cleaning 2 - 3 roofs per week. They were cleaning none. 

Darran Smith is  a little arrogant (arent we all?) But there's a reason I keep his number on speed dial and couldn't even name anyone else on that page.  

Let's see, Darran Smith - Purple Rhino - Multi Million pound business now.  

99.9% of mouthy gits on FB = battered Vauxhall Combo and not a clue as to how to wash their own a£$e let alone a building.  

I know whom i'd rather learn from.  

I quit all FB groups as they're full of mugs.  I would get slagged off every time I posted pics of a roof we'd cleaned and told by the armchair experts we'd done it all wrong.  

However we were cleaning 2 - 3 roofs per week. They were cleaning none. 

Darran Smith is  a little arrogant (arent we all?) But there's a reason I keep his number on speed dial and couldn't even name anyone else on that page.  
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the page and can't say I've really warmed to any of them.in all honesty,I can't say much about the guy Darren Smith as he was off the page not long after I'd joined

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the page and can't say I've really warmed to any of them.in all honesty,I can't say much about the guy Darren Smith as he was off the page not long after I'd joined
Darren is a nice guy never to busy to try and help you , I know he gets slated by certain people especially by some on the ciu forum and face book , just like @Green Pro Clean Ltd Said he is the market leader in this country in this field all these arm chair cleaners that spend most of the working day on social media are just that arm chair experts , never done the job but know everything, Darren is always ready to offer help , we’ll he has with me any way , when you meet him and talk to him he is very down to earth and talks a lot of sense , I wish him every success he deserves it , he had built up a multi million pound buisness from scratch , you don’t do that if you don’t know what you are doing , I think Ime right in saying that he is going to be the sole distributor for Europe for softwash systems and all there products again you don’t get offered that by the worlds leading company if you are no good 

Darren is a nice guy never to busy to try and help you , I know he gets slated by certain people especially by some on the ciu forum and face book , just like @Green Pro Clean Ltd Said he is the market leader in this country in this field all these arm chair cleaners that spend most of the working day on social media are just that arm chair experts , never done the job but know everything, Darren is always ready to offer help , we’ll he has with me any way , when you meet him and talk to him he is very down to earth and talks a lot of sense , I wish him every success he deserves it , he had built up a multi million pound buisness from scratch , you don’t do that if you don’t know what you are doing , I think Ime right in saying that he is going to be the sole distributor for Europe for softwash systems and all there products again you don’t get offered that by the worlds leading company if you are no good 

Just a pedantic side note - Purple Rhino is Darran.... Green Pro is Darren.  See the difference? ? 

Latest Posts

Back