Part Timer
Just now, Iron Giant said:

Like a Jolly Boys Day Outing
🤪

How jolly it would be at the end could be interesting 🤢

steve garwood
4 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I didn't even notice it was Saturday 😂🤣😆

Phew, thank god your ok. I thought something bad had happened to you.

You went four hours without posting on here, I thought you was dead 😘😂

P4dstar
1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Phew, thank god your ok. I thought something bad had happened to you.

You went four hours without posting on here, I thought you was dead 😘😂

I know you miss me Ginge, i'll try not to leave it so long next time 😂

steve garwood
19 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Would love to organise a Saturday night p!ss up somewhere for members on here. Something possibly @Gavcould put a poll up to see if other members are up for. 

No thanks. You just know that as you’re getting going on the lash, some boring ba5tard will start talking about a univalve or new pole 😩

Just now, P4dstar said:

I know you miss me Ginge, i'll try not to leave it so long next time 😂

Point proven, you responded in two minutes 😂😂😂😂😂

P4dstar

1 minute ago, P4dstar said:

And you my friend responded in 1 😉🤣😆

Part Timer
3 hours ago, steve garwood said:

No thanks. You just know that as you’re getting going on the lash, some boring ba5tard will start talking about a univalve or new pole 😩

Or Millwall and Pie, mash and liquor

P4dstar
On 04/01/2019 at 16:43, P4dstar said:

WCW very kindly sent filters, delivered this morning. Sent me 6 x 10'' filters instead of the 6 20'' filters I ordered. In fairness I called them and they are arranging collection and delivery of the correct ones for Monday and only took a few seconds to sort out, not ideal though!

Replacement filters arrived today, delivery and collection... Sent me another 6 10'' filters 😫

Once again very friendly and helpful about it but that doesn't change the fact that I will have to wait until Wednesday to get the filters and ideally my sediment filter needed changing 1000 litres ago!

P4dstar

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

nXvdVLfvSI2oBL4Cp5nmyw.jpg

lCT69VWOTK6R2GxAx0XGAA.jpg

jBhcjAv9RHuDHP5g+6T2WQ.jpg

spruce
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

nXvdVLfvSI2oBL4Cp5nmyw.jpg

lCT69VWOTK6R2GxAx0XGAA.jpg

jBhcjAv9RHuDHP5g+6T2WQ.jpg

IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!

Edited by spruce

P4dstar
42 minutes ago, spruce said:

IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!

Just seems wrong mate. If I ask for a dairy milk and the cashier gives me a Sainsburys own chocolate bar I wouldn't have it. After the comedy of errors this time I think i'll order elsewhere next time. Where do you get your sediment filters mate?

I spotted that when I ordered but I didn't think it was an issue as its still advertised as 5M Fiberdyne... Sure it will be the same as the ones I used to get from Gardiners, seems the same.

steve garwood

Not only have grippa put their prices up, their not bothering answering my e. mails about fiberdyne filters or returning calls.

Daqua here I come 😡

P4dstar
2 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Not only have grippa put their prices up, their not bothering answering my e. mails about fiberdyne filters or returning calls.

Daqua here I come 😡

Dougs Carbon filter is cr4p in comparison though, I much prefer ordering from Daqua but once @spruce pointed out the lifespan of those filters it put me right off 🤷‍♂️

steve garwood
37 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Dougs Carbon filter is cr4p in comparison though, I much prefer ordering from Daqua but once @spruce pointed out the lifespan of those filters it put me right off 🤷‍♂️

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

P4dstar

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

No mate, unless they sell one I ain't seen on the site.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 22.36.06.png

spruce
9 hours ago, P4dstar said:

No mate, unless they sell one I ain't seen on the site.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 22.36.06.png

If you look a little further down the list Doug sells the 10" Chlorplus rated at 1 micron. If your water is really good (clear) then this filter is a long life one. He doesn't do it in 20". I bought one once and it didn't last for long as it got clogged up with sediment despite having a 5 micron sediment filter before it. Our water is laden with sediment.

9 hours ago, steve garwood said:

I’ll have to check 

Its not the same filter Steve. His 10" one is a Chlorplus rated at 1 micron with a service life of 189,000 liters.

Edited by spruce

doug atkinson
12 hours ago, P4dstar said:

Cheek and you wanted your money back 😂

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

doug atkinson
12 hours ago, steve garwood said:

I’ll have to check 

The CFB-PLUS 10 is rated 5 micron with 38,500 litres capacity but we advise putting a 5 micron sediment before this filter.

There is a CFBC-10 with higher capacity but this is rated at 0.5 micron.

Depending on water temp the 0.5 micron will slow your system down if the water temp is low and water molecules are denser.

P4dstar
54 minutes ago, doug atkinson said:

Cheek and you wanted your money back 😂

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.

doug atkinson
17 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.

Yes we do it's the CFB-PLUS10

https://www.daqua.co.uk/rofilters.htm

We also have 20" ones but not on the website yet

spruce
3 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

And I've been spelling Fibredyne wrong all these years.😂

(Yes, I've just checked the spelling on a new filter's packaging.)

Part Timer
6 minutes ago, spruce said:

And I've been spelling Fibredyne wrong all these years.😂

(Yes, I've just checked the spelling on a new filter's packaging.)

We knew what you meant 😁 And some gobbledigook after to make it a 15 word reply 🙄

P4dstar
11 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We knew what you meant 😁 And some gobbledigook after to make it a 15 word reply 🙄

Yeah i'm not happy with this. I can't ever reply ''thats what she said'' anymore. 😂

3 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

Thats excellent news. Is that the same one that Grippa are selling? 

Part Timer
28 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Yeah i'm not happy with this. I can't ever reply ''thats what she said'' anymore

And with it being a max of 2500 words @sprucewill have to shorten his replies 😂

Iron Giant

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

steve garwood
53 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

Almost exactly what happened to me.

I too enquired about this. Promised an e.mail with the applicable information, nothing