P4dstar

WCW for RO Filters?

steve garwood

Not only have grippa put their prices up, their not bothering answering my e. mails about fiberdyne filters or returning calls.

Daqua here I come 😡

P4dstar
2 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Not only have grippa put their prices up, their not bothering answering my e. mails about fiberdyne filters or returning calls.

Daqua here I come 😡

Dougs Carbon filter is cr4p in comparison though, I much prefer ordering from Daqua but once @spruce pointed out the lifespan of those filters it put me right off 🤷‍♂️

steve garwood
37 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Dougs Carbon filter is cr4p in comparison though, I much prefer ordering from Daqua but once @spruce pointed out the lifespan of those filters it put me right off 🤷‍♂️

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

P4dstar
1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

No mate, unless they sell one I ain't seen on the site.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 22.36.06.png

spruce
9 hours ago, P4dstar said:

No mate, unless they sell one I ain't seen on the site.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 22.36.06.png

If you look a little further down the list Doug sells the 10" Chlorplus rated at 1 micron. If your water is really good (clear) then this filter is a long life one. He doesn't do it in 20". I bought one once and it didn't last for long as it got clogged up with sediment despite having a 5 micron sediment filter before it. Our water is laden with sediment.

9 hours ago, steve garwood said:

I’ll have to check 

Its not the same filter Steve. His 10" one is a Chlorplus rated at 1 micron with a service life of 189,000 liters.

Edited by spruce

doug atkinson
12 hours ago, P4dstar said:

Cheek and you wanted your money back 😂

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

doug atkinson
12 hours ago, steve garwood said:

I’ll have to check 

The CFB-PLUS 10 is rated 5 micron with 38,500 litres capacity but we advise putting a 5 micron sediment before this filter.

There is a CFBC-10 with higher capacity but this is rated at 0.5 micron.

Depending on water temp the 0.5 micron will slow your system down if the water temp is low and water molecules are denser.

P4dstar
54 minutes ago, doug atkinson said:

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.

doug atkinson
17 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.

Yes we do it's the CFB-PLUS10

https://www.daqua.co.uk/rofilters.htm

We also have 20" ones but not on the website yet

spruce
3 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

And I've been spelling Fibredyne wrong all these years.😂

(Yes, I've just checked the spelling on a new filter's packaging.)

Part Timer
6 minutes ago, spruce said:

And I've been spelling Fibredyne wrong all these years.😂

(Yes, I've just checked the spelling on a new filter's packaging.)

We knew what you meant 😁 And some gobbledigook after to make it a 15 word reply 🙄

P4dstar
11 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We knew what you meant 😁 And some gobbledigook after to make it a 15 word reply 🙄

Yeah i'm not happy with this. I can't ever reply ''thats what she said'' anymore. 😂

3 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

Thats excellent news. Is that the same one that Grippa are selling? 

Part Timer
28 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Yeah i'm not happy with this. I can't ever reply ''thats what she said'' anymore

And with it being a max of 2500 words @sprucewill have to shorten his replies 😂

Iron Giant

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

steve garwood
53 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

Almost exactly what happened to me.

I too enquired about this. Promised an e.mail with the applicable information, nothing 

Iron Giant
1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Almost exactly what happened to me.

I too enquired about this. Promised an e.mail with the applicable information, nothing 

I got them delivered this week and just changed my carbon filter last night and noticed straight away that for some reason there were no labels on them, still bewildered how they can get confused with 5 microns for 5 inches, I ordered a door card for my van as well and had to ring them after delivery and I wasn't overly impressed with the guy on the phone, I don't think I will buy anything else of them in the future. 

spruce
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

I phoned Citroen Technical in Coventry about 18 months ago. I had a reg of a van I was interested in buying and wanted to know if the body was galvanised dipped in production in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy. The response was that this model didn't have a galvanised dipstick. I'm just looking at the 5" sediment filters and wonder if the same thing happened.

P4dstar
16 minutes ago, spruce said:

The response was that this model didn't have a galvanised dipstick

I think we've found the dipstick, they're responding to emails for Grippa... Bloody 15 word rule

Iron Giant
8 hours ago, spruce said:

I phoned Citroen Technical in Coventry about 18 months ago. I had a reg of a van I was interested in buying and wanted to know if the body was galvanised dipped in production in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy. The response was that this model didn't have a galvanised dipstick. I'm just looking at the 5" sediment filters and wonder if the same thing happened.

I know 5" sediment filters exist but in the case of @GrippaTANK their stock isn't extensive and I still can't work out why they recommend certain sediment filters but don't stock any at all 😵 , I had a hunt around this morning and hey presto Pentair Fibredyne™ CFBC Carbon Cartridge which details the full spec @steve garwood not sure if you wanted to know this also 

Edited by Iron Giant

spruce
22 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

Is there a study you have found to collaborate this @doug atkinson?

Our water supplier will say that our drinking water is safe to drink as it is treated with chlorine and that chlorine will always be present in the water we drink for it to be safe. In other words, they have a 'politically correct script' that they read from that may or may not reflect the actual situation.

Edited by spruce