P4dstar

WCW for RO Filters?

Iron Giant

@Bongofish read all of this topic as pre-filters don't last 12 months without damaging or reducing the life of R/O membranes 

ks789
On 09/07/2019 at 19:13, Iron Giant said:

Got a shock today when checking my pre-filters, new water supply pipes works have been going on for quite some weeks, but I never expected to find what felt and looks like clay the sediment filter had only been changed around 4-5 weeks ago. 

20190709_165924.jpg

20190709_170002.jpg

Its strange, because I use the 10 inch fibredine carbon block and 10 inch sediment filter, and both seem near on spotless when i change them.My tap waters 530. The carbon blocks meant to be after 37000 i think, but i let it go way over 40000 and it looked the same as when it went in. Sediment filters meant to be 10 or 12000 I think, and left that to 15000 odd and it just had a mild beige discolouring, bit like a rich tea biscuit, but nothing like yours. Amazing all the ways our various water differs from region to region.

Pjj
42 minutes ago, ks789 said:

Its strange, because I use the 10 inch fibredine carbon block and 10 inch sediment filter, and both seem near on spotless when i change them.My tap waters 530. The carbon blocks meant to be after 37000 i think, but i let it go way over 40000 and it looked the same as when it went in. Sediment filters meant to be 10 or 12000 I think, and left that to 15000 odd and it just had a mild beige discolouring, bit like a rich tea biscuit, but nothing like yours. Amazing all the ways our various water differs from region to region.

Dear me that’s bad , and that would have been going into your house and you would be drinking it !!!!!!> I think I would get in to the water board asking fir a reduction in my bill if I were you . 

ks789
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Dear me that’s bad , and that would have been going into your house and you would be drinking it !!!!!!> I think I would get in to the water board asking fir a reduction in my bill if I were you . 

I think its just about on their limit. Thinking about it, i do know of quite a few who've had gallstones removed, my mum included. like little stones of limescale. They fall out the kettle sometimes. A lot only drink bottled.

Iron Giant
55 minutes ago, ks789 said:

This was during main water pipe replacement works last year so there was a lot 💩 coming through, the thing is at anytime you don't know what 💩 is coming through so always best to keep a check on them on a regular basis.