Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up a ibc in garage to filter water

IBC, RO filtration system ( which one depends on water quality and amount of water needed every day) , possibly a booster pump depending on water pressure and a pump, hose and nozzle to deliver the water.

I did one myself last year in my garage. Very easy.

1000L storage tank is generally plenty for a one or two man band. Yep as said 1st TDS Reading. Then either your d.i resin only OR R.O & D.i. You’ll also need a submersible delivery pump from your storage tank to your van/car. They cost around £40ish. 

Hi .. I'm looking into starting a window cleaning business and would like to filter the water in my garage using a ibc.. Can anyone advice Me on what I will need 

Copy this.

https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/2400-gpd-high-volume-ro-system-c-w-auto-shut-off-1000ltr-tank/#transfer-pump-kit

You don't necessary need this large r/o as you could use something smaller - say a 450gpd r/o. You will need a transfer pump and I would also suggest a float level switch and solenoid to switch the r/o off when the tank is full.

https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/auto-shut-off-kit/

You will obviously need a water supply and a waste outlet to a nearby drain. I also added an overflow pipe incase the switch failed. This was to prevent the garage being flooded out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your situation, you may be able to do without the submersible/transfer pump.  If you can position your storage tank higher than the inlet in your van tank then the water will transfer by gravity.  If you're using a trolley/backpack system with 25lt barrels, then you will need to ensure the outlet at the bottom of your storage tank is high enough to get your barrels underneath it.

We use a 1500l black tank fed off our garage roof collecting rain water. 

Out of that goes thru a Di vessel. 

Then pumped into van tank.. 

Out of van tank thru another Di vessel. 

Out of pole at 000 ppm 

Change resin every six months..

Been like that for 6 years with no worry. 

Latest Posts

Back