Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

LED cargo van lights.

spruce

The Sprucefather
Have any of you got some good suggestions with regard to better internal lighting in the back of the van please.

My SWB Boxer has a single Festoon bulb in the back light which I have changed for a LED replacement with 4 LEDS. The light is white which is nice but it hasn't done much to improve the quality of the light - maybe from 1 candle power to 2 candle power. ?

There are several Ebay suppliers showing photos of their lights that are so bright they can be seen from outerspace. Often these type of adverts have photos which are exaggerated in the extreme.

I just brought some LED strip light, put it in some conduit with the milky lens and wired through a switch. Just finishing off my next van and will be doing the same but without the conduit as I have fitted rapidrail in the roof - brought a kit which has a remote control so has the best of both worlds. Cost £17 for the kit if I recall and you can now get the conduit in 1m lengths from screwfix for a decent price.
f32812ce1f0e63e4b27cb1e7103878eb.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I also have these in my new van which are wired to the internal lighting circuit - one across the back doors and one above either side door. Very bright and light the whole van but at £30 a pop I would begrudge paying that, especially as one didn’t work and had to replace it with LED striplight anyway.
04c1551e27d0c9fa50163e891f23c153.jpg

I just brought some LED strip light, put it in some conduit with the milky lens and wired through a switch. Just finishing off my next van and will be doing the same but without the conduit as I have fitted rapidrail in the roof - brought a kit which has a remote control so has the best of both worlds. Cost £17 for the kit if I recall and you can now get the conduit in 1m lengths from screwfix for a decent price.

I have these in my garden really bright also some in a campervan I have recently bought. 

Have any of you got some good suggestions with regard to better internal lighting in the back of the van please.

My SWB Boxer has a single Festoon bulb in the back light which I have changed for a LED replacement with 4 LEDS. The light is white which is nice but it hasn't done much to improve the quality of the light - maybe from 1 candle power to 2 candle power. ?

There are several Ebay suppliers showing photos of their lights that are so bright they can be seen from outerspace. Often these type of adverts have photos which are exaggerated in the extreme.

I bought some off ebay cheap cannot remember what they cost but they are brilliant,  led ,just took this picture they light up the whole of the van and very little shadow with them 

E1730F66-64E1-470B-BE82-E5959FB4BB25.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back