Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size vessel?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris34

Hi all, 

What size vessel would I need?  Am I correct in thinking that the only difference is that a smaller one needs the resin changed more frequently?  Further down the line I plan to use the double vessel method, but right now it has to be single .  Also I notice that some have a larger diameter whilst others are smaller and taller, is there any reason for this?

Chris.

Am I correct in thinking that the only difference is that a smaller one needs the resin changed more frequently?
Short answer is no... If you had a 10 litre vessel that managed to purify 1000 litres before the resin was spent you would expect a 1 litre vessel to purify 100 litres... General consensus is you will get less than that. You can get huge vessels and tiny ones. The top selling ones when I bought seemed to be around the 10 litre mark. I have 2x 11 litre vessels I bought from Gardiners. Link below...

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/11-litre-di-resin-pressure-vessel-canister-3-4-bspt-ports.html

It's decent but it leaks a little. The 3/4'' connection isn't very well made but no one seemed to be able to point me in the direction of one that didn't do the same. Tried brass connections, plastic connection, PTFE, changing the head for a new one. I have one that is water tight and I gave up on the second. The leak is absolutely minor but long term I wouldn't want them in the back of my van, thankfully they are in the garage

Back