Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses

It all depends how big the houses are , it’s not about how many you can clean in a day , it’s about the total amount of money earnt each day 

Yes we only managed about 8 houses and made about £150 for the day, I know of people who are able to do £400 a day. I'm wondering what we are doing wrong?

All depends on how big and how compact the work is, today with my father in law we did 12 houses, quite spread out 3-4 bed large semis. Tomorrow it's 2&3 bed council houses over 2 roads, usually we get 35+ done in a day when it's like that. It also depends how you work. We tend to take a side of the road each and crack on, which is quicker for us than working on same house, one on tops and one on bottoms.

Yes we only managed about 8 houses and made about £150 for the day, I know of people who are able to do £400 a day. I'm wondering what we are doing wrong?
Is that each or a total for both ? At a guess I would say ones doing £400 per day are probably water fed pole not trad , I was trad 15 years ago and a good day was around £200 on my own . 

Might be down to your pricing , everyone is different with how long a job takes and how they price things , also how experienced are you speed comes with practice, just keep plodding away and try to compare what you do with others in your area both time wise and price if you can 

I don't trad clean but even up here, the NE, bad jobs pay £15 an hour. Don't know how long you've been on the go but it might just be speed of work, which will improve with practice. 

Really depends on the house size so if you have everything priced properly then you won't have to push yourself too hard. As a general guide though I always aim to do 4 or 5 houses in the hour so double that if its 2 people

Last edited by a moderator:
I think where you could be going wrong is not accounting for two people working? Work out how long it takes one man to do a house, and charge on that basis. With two of you, you will pile through it quicker and need a lot more work. Its easy to look at it, assume ahhh theres two of us therefore we’ll be done in no time and you then end up under pricing it. There is two of you to pay...always remember that. Hope this helps dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

With 2 people you should be going about one third quicker at least. It is very difficult to go twice a quick i have found. 
My wife and I managed to get twice as fast when working together, but we do make a good team. Still that of course only covered the cleaning time.

Thus between jobs we spent twice as much time traveling, so it was impossible to clean twice as many customers when working together.

Back