Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Every 2 months price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

4 weeks £12 (min charge for all work) 

6 weeks £14

8 weeks £16 

Or 20%-25% increase per two weeks from initial 4 weeks. 

It works out 8 weeks is cheaper for them in the long run, but a better priced job for you! Two 8 weekly cleans is worth more than one 4 weekly.

12 cleans a year times £12 =£144

6 cleans at £16 = £96 x 2 = £192 

yes you have to double the amount of customers on the books but the other plus side is if you drop a customer or loose a customer you are not loosing as large amount, you loose £96 instead of £144. It’s also easier to book people on 8 weekly as the price difference seems like better value to them. 

I always quote 4/6 & 8 and always secretly hope they go for the 8. Customers you don’t like or jobs you don’t like are less of a pain because at 4 weeks it can often feel like you live at these jobs! 

Last edited by a moderator:

6 weeks £14

8 weeks £16 

Or 20%-25% increase per two weeks from initial 4 weeks. 

It works out 8 weeks is cheaper for them in the long run, but a better priced job for you! Two 8 weekly cleans is worth more than one 4 weekly.

12 cleans a year times £12 =£144

6 cleans at £16 = £96 x 2 = £192 

yes you have to double the amount of customers on the books but the other plus side is if you drop a customer or loose a customer you are not loosing as large amount, you loose £96 instead of £144. It’s also easier to book people on 8 weekly as the price difference seems like better value to them. 

I always quote 4/6 & 8 and always secretly hope they go for the 8. Customers you don’t like or jobs you don’t like are less of a pain because at 4 weeks it can often feel like you live at these jobs! 
Cheers.

I’ve got a friend who’s asked me for a quote. I said £15 monthly which is a few quid less than what I think it’s worth. It’s a pretty big 4 bed semi with big windows, a porch, and a load of windows on the ceiling of their extended kitchen. She gets back to me and said thats more than what they were paying (which was £7! - mental!) but could I do it every 2 months instead. So I said okay but it’d be £18, pretty reasonable imo but I’ve had no reply after 2 days. Awkward!

Wish she hadn’t asked.

Cheers.

I’ve got a friend who’s asked me for a quote. I said £15 monthly which is a few quid less than what I think it’s worth. It’s a pretty big 4 bed semi with big windows, a porch, and a load of windows on the ceiling of their extended kitchen. She gets back to me and said thats more than what they were paying (which was £7! - mental!) but could I do it every 2 months instead. So I said okay but it’d be £18, pretty reasonable imo but I’ve had no reply after 2 days. Awkward!

Wish she hadn’t asked.
Personally just add a fiver (unless its a mansion). So if its £15 I would have said £20.

Shame she hasn't replied. It's always annoying quoting for friends/family as they often expect a cheaper rate. Folk tend to forget its your business!

The thing is it is a cheaper rate. Probably would’ve quoted about £25 if I didn’t know them.
Ahh man your joking? I personally wouldn’t have even done that. 

To be honest I rather do one off cleans for mates. You quote them a cheaper rate and do it on a Saturday or something. Then it’s not work, it’s helping a mate out. But when it’s a regular thing, mates rates is just a nuisance. 

Stick to one schedule for everybody is my advice (ours are 6 weeks) anything else charge as a one off.
people would ask for “every other time” i used to be tolerant to 12 weekly cleans but i’m putting the stoppers on that as too many of them were trying to jump on that bandwagon. Effectively it halves your income, messes around with your organised schedules and inevitably you will need twice the customers therefore twice the admin & hassle.
People are trying to save money everywhere which i can understand, life is getting expensive. But you also have a family and bills so you do have to be pretty straight faced

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Stick to one schedule for everybody is my advice (ours are 6 weeks) anything else charge as a one off.
people would ask for “every other time” i used to be tolerant to 12 weekly cleans but i’m putting the stoppers on that as too many of them were trying to jump on that bandwagon. Effectively it halves your income, messes around with your organised schedules and inevitably you will need twice the customers therefore twice the admin & hassle.
People are trying to save money everywhere which i can understand, life is getting expensive. But you also have a family and bills so you do have to be pretty straight faced

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I understand were your coming from but if folk are willing to pay more for a less frequent clean I don’t see the advantage of turning down that work. And, like mentioned above, if you manage a entire round of 8 weeklies then your onto a win, as your making more money but each customer is worth less so less of a hit when you lose them. 

If you clean 15 x £15 customers in a day, you’ve made £225. If you clean 15 x £20 customers (identical houses but bi-monthly cleans) then you make £300, £75 more for the same work. 

Personally I only offer in mutiples of 4, so they all slot together nicely. 

6 weeks £14

8 weeks £16 
This is how I run. I fell into this because my initial research told me 4/8 weeks is the standard but everyone round here started asking for 6 weekly. It made a bit off a mess that I am coming towards the end of sorting out. As I got more and more full the customers started piling up on certain days and others were easy. I'm gonna be doing 6 weekly Monday and Friday and 4/8 weekly Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. To anyone following this route make sure you plan for when you get busier and do something similar.

Originally I was going to stick a fiver on the 8 week customers but i found I could stick £3 on for 6 weeks and another £3 for 8 weeks, seemed to work well. That £1 a time seemed to add up. I'm no longer doing this just because i've increased my prices for 2019 and factored in £2.50 extra for 6 and same again for 8 in that plan.

I've found a decent pricing structure which simplifies quotes.
If a house is 14 a month
Then I add 1pound a week so 8 weekly would cost 18
Both are subject to an extra 10pounds for a first clean
Cant reveal too much as there are rivals in my area on here ??
Seriously 8 weekly is much better as more money per clean and a larger customer database which is great for add ons too

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've found a decent pricing structure which simplifies quotes.
If a house is 14 a month
Then I add 1pound a week so 8 weekly would cost 18
Both are subject to an extra 10pounds for a first clean
Cant reveal too much as there are rivals in my area on here ??
Seriously 8 weekly is much better as more money per clean and a larger customer database which is great for add ons too

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers. That’s worth bearing in mind. Especially for the add ons. I normally try to keep them to monthly. I’m just building a round though so at the moment, more often is better for me.

Back