Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another what would you charge....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

I was at a customers house today and the guy asked me if I would give then a quote for a gutter clearance and pvc clean.its a bungalow in the countryside,I paced all guttering out and you're talking 37 metres plus 3 peaks around the place.I think green pro said he charged around a 5er a metre so going by that theres £185 before adding peaks and obviously the windows would need done after.I don't really think the whole thing would take that long though.its pretty straight forward stuff.

What sort of money would you lads charge??

I've no pics but like I said,it's pretty straight forward 37m cleared and pvc cleaned and pvc for 3 peaks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Couldn't tell you without pictures. You quoted one the other day if you got that job it should be a benchmark price. If you didn't then you might need to look at your pricing formula, until you actually start getting them. It's probably not great asking busy people a price for one offs as invariably they'll want a high price for the hassle. 

All I would say is I clear some gutters out at less than a £1 a metre and others at a lot more than £5 but average £50+ an hour. A bungalow is a very easy job, gutter wise, so I very much doubt £5 is obtainable. 

You said it won't take long and is pretty straightforward so price it on how long you'll think it would take. Also try and find out what the homeowner wants to pay. This job is a learning curve and until you start getting these jobs you ain't learning. Good luck 

Yeah,it's for a regular customer.I meant to get pics but we got talking and got distracted.as for the other job,I didn't hear anything back although I'm due to clean their windows on Saturday so will get talking with them then.I don't mind negotiating a bit although I will say that I thought the price was pretty fair as I had also included the garage,it's all experience though PT

I totaly agree with partimer pictures would help but hear goes 

minimum charge to vac any gutters £60

Plastics  sounds like it would be  £120

windows no idear as you haven’t said how many there are but it would be 2 or 3 times the normal clean price as it’s a one off 

I totaly agree with partimer pictures would help but hear goes 
minimum charge to vac any gutters £60
Plastics  sounds like it would be  £120
windows no idear as you haven’t said how many there are but it would be 2 or 3 times the normal clean price as it’s a one off 
Not a one off.its a regular customer. the gutters don't seem to be too bad.i reckon I would be done in about 2 hours maybe.tbh I'm thinking of doing the lot round the £100 mark

Not a one off.its a regular customer. the gutters don't seem to be too bad.i reckon I would be done in about 2 hours maybe.tbh I'm thinking of doing the lot round the £100 mark

If you are just starting out then and need the work that’s ok , but I think that’s way to cheap we have a minimum charge of around £60 to empty any gutter if it’s only 3 meters it will be £60 I call it a set up charge ,as for cleaning the outside of the plastics unless you are experienced it will probebly take longer than you think , cost of chemicals as well if you are using any . Always charge at least 50% more for add on jobs than you would earn per hour on window cleaning or it’s not worth doing also try to have a minimum per hour of say £30 that you want to earn every hour , that doesn’t mean price a big job at £30 and take an hour it might take you 1/2 an hour but still be priced at £30 beacause it’s a lot of glass , don’t let the customer benefit from your speed and skill and equipment you should be getting the extra not them if that makes sense 

I don't really think the whole thing would take that long

Ahhh well in that case ignore the advice...  everyone and I mean everyone, @Part Timer @Pjj myself and everyone else has turned up and thought 'wont take that long and left hours later thinking 'well cocked up that estimate' 

Once you got a couple of dozen of all scenarios under your belt then the best advice I can give is listen to those that do. You may be building and want experience but make it good experience. Dont low ball just to secure a job. Be honest and fair when pricing.  

Tell them £40 per hour and your guessing about 4 hours. That way if done in 3 you can reduce the bill and fell better. If 5 hours then oh well, they new the cost. 

Back