Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley advice on this

Can’t say I have tbh mate , I have a Gardiners back pack that I keep meaning to get a trolley to put it on and wheel around but I don’t use it often enough... it may be slightly cheaper to go buy one and a trolley for initial set up

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Does it come with a pole?
I have looked into loads of these and decided to build my own and so far its £150 for a pole, £30 for a trolley and another £30 in the other parts needed.
I found a youtube video explaining what you would need. Ill have a look for it if your interested.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Does it come with a pole?
I have looked into loads of these and decided to build my own and so far its £150 for a pole, £30 for a trolley and another £30 in the other parts needed.
I found a youtube video explaining what you would need. Ill have a look for it if your interested.

Hi no pole or tank . Did see a couple of ideas on YouTube so be interested to which one you looked at to build your own [emoji6]

I would advice buying a gardiner pole, backpack and a trolly from B&Q. It’s how I started. Have a look at those old thread. I put up my build on it and others have also put in their advice. Prob find all your answers in there. ?

I would advice buying a gardiner pole, backpack and a trolly from B&Q. It’s how I started. Have a look at those old thread. I put up my build on it and others have also put in their advice. Prob find all your answers in there. [emoji846]

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/26139-gardiners-backpack-with-extended-hosereel/?do=embed  
[/URL]
Wow great set up [emoji6][emoji6] just need to choose pole and brush now

http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954

Hi all looking at building up a round to start with and buying  R/O water in . Has anyone used this trolley system ? Ade ?

View attachment 15428
I have bought that trolley. Well worth the money all good quality & everything tucked in box. Much better than backpack as u dont have to refill just swap container & away u go. Great product

Wow great set up
emoji6.png
emoji6.png
just need to choose pole and brush now

What’s your budget? Would reccomend a CLX or SLX. 22 or 27ft. Personally have a 22 which I then added a extension too. This means I can make it lighter when not needing extra each. 

I started with a flocked brush. Great as it can do everything, first cleans, maintenance cleans. Currently use a sill brush for regular work, that may be a good shout. I would recommend getting pencil jets if your just buying one brush. I use fans but find I need to switch back to pencils for really dirty frames, so best to have them if it’s all you have. 

What’s your budget? Would reccomend a CLX or SLX. 22 or 27ft. Personally have a 22 which I then added a extension too. This means I can make it lighter when not needing extra each. 

I started with a flocked brush. Great as it can do everything, first cleans, maintenance cleans. Currently use a sill brush for regular work, that may be a good shout. I would recommend getting pencil jets if your just buying one brush. I use fans but find I need to switch back to pencils for really dirty frames, so best to have them if it’s all you have. 
Don't mind spending a few quid , I'll check them out

If you don’t mind ‘spending a few quid’ get the SLX 22. It’s lighter and more rigid than the CLX which translates into less wasted energy in use. My experience anyway. Not that the CLX is a bad pole. It’s a very good pole for the money.

I always say 'buy right, buy once'.

I've just ordered the pure freedom nano trolley yesterday for £440+vat.  My money is extremely tight and I'll probably be left with less than £100 in the bank by the time I have bought the other bits, but the way I see it is that if I'm using the tools day in, day out, then I don't want tools that are not quite up to the job, it often costs you time and more money further down the line.  

There are too many ifs and buts with a diy system, the pure freedom trolley has been recommended countless times on this website, so you know it's up to the job and it will last for years.  Not only that if it doesn't go as planned and you decide that window cleaning is not for you well the resale value of this trolley is so high that you can get most of your money back, even if it's a couple of years old.  A diy system you would get next to nothing money back.

If I was really desperate and didn't have the money then I'd probably settle with the Gardiner back pack and strap it to a trolley.  I'm sure that it's a good product but to use it day in day out and have to refill it at every job just seems like further hassle.  

For the pole I'm choosing the SLX-22 for much the same reasons as above.  Loads of others are highly recommending them and their resale value is very high.  

If you watch a few youtube videos of the diy systems with cheaper pole well it might make up your mind.  The poles bend a lot and look difficult to try and get the brush where you want on the window, it looks like it's double the effort.  

Chris.

I always say 'buy right, buy once'.

I've just ordered the pure freedom nano trolley yesterday for £440+vat.  My money is extremely tight and I'll probably be left with less than £100 in the bank by the time I have bought the other bits, but the way I see it is that if I'm using the tools day in, day out, then I don't want tools that are not quite up to the job, it often costs you time and more money further down the line.  

There are too many ifs and buts with a diy system, the pure freedom trolley has been recommended countless times on this website, so you know it's up to the job and it will last for years.  Not only that if it doesn't go as planned and you decide that window cleaning is not for you well the resale value of this trolley is so high that you can get most of your money back, even if it's a couple of years old.  A diy system you would get next to nothing money back.

If I was really desperate and didn't have the money then I'd probably settle with the Gardiner back pack and strap it to a trolley.  I'm sure that it's a good product but to use it day in day out and have to refill it at every job just seems like further hassle.  

For the pole I'm choosing the SLX-22 for much the same reasons as above.  Loads of others are highly recommending them and their resale value is very high.  

If you watch a few youtube videos of the diy systems with cheaper pole well it might make up your mind.  The poles bend a lot and look difficult to try and get the brush where you want on the window, it looks like it's double the effort.  

Chris.

Hi yeah minds made up on poles , going for slx22 as seems to get the thumbs up alot . Will check the Nano trolley too . With you on the" buy once " idea . I'm a chippy so know all about spending more on the correct kit .

I think these trolleys use the cheaper Chinese pumps that abound on eBay. These are not bad pumps and are nice and light, but do suffer from longevity issues when used the way we use them.

The problem with them is that the microswitch used to control the pressure switch on the pump is not really up to the job when switched on and off all day. The fix for this, if the seller hasn't already done it is to fit a 40 automotive relay into the circuit to control the power to the pump. Effectively then, the microswitch on the pump only controls the small amount of current needed to operate the 40 amp relay and the relay handles the higher current needed to power the pump. Wired like this these little pumps last for years. Unless of course you get a duff one.

The one I'm currently using cost me £11 on eBay two years ago and the relay was about £1.50 if memory serves.

Back