Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole advise please

Diamond geezer

After 18 months using my second had poles,iam thinking of new.I have an old 33 c/fibre streamline and an18 fibre glass,which is lighter than the 33 but far less ridged so I use the 33 most of the time. Its a bit of an over kill,as I only use it now and again fully extened. iam thinking of a slx 18 with occasional extention or a straight 22.My work is 90% ground and first, residential.Iam looking for less fatigue. I don't have much of a problem with black hands,but I imagine using a good hybrid would be better in that respect. My poles are hoseless.Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Slx18 and slx25 that will cover most domestic as your round grows buy a extension as and when required ?

An SLX-22 would be a decent all-rounder for over extensions and conny roofs I use a 22ft pole as my daily and then section #6 extension for 3 storey townhouses and a section #7 extension for some veluxs on townhouses 

I use a SLX 25 for 95% of my work, have done for over 10 years now. Have an extension that I use every blue moon and then a Xtreme 47 for anything higher (which isn't much). The 25 allows you to reach velux, set back dormers etc. A swivel makes any tight spaces, awkward angles etc a doddle. The SLX is a superb every day pole- light, rigid and VERY robust!! My last Two have given me over 5 years of constant use and abuse each, just on my Third one now.[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

After 18 months using my second had poles,iam thinking of new.I have an old 33 c/fibre streamline and an18 fibre glass,which is lighter than the 33 but far less ridged so I use the 33 most of the time. Its a bit of an over kill,as I only use it now and again fully extened. iam thinking of a slx 18 with occasional extention or a straight 22.My work is 90% ground and first, residential.Iam looking for less fatigue. I don't have much of a problem with black hands,but I imagine using a good hybrid would be better in that respect. My poles are hoseless.Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
a clx 22 would be a good budget hybrid pole for you mate if funds are tight.......

An SLX-22 would be a decent all-rounder for over extensions and conny roofs I use a 22ft pole as my daily and then section #6 extension for 3 storey townhouses and a section #7 extension for some veluxs on townhouses 
I have slx25 with extensions up to #9 got to use it tomorrow doing a big lodge bloody heavy thing, going to save for a extreme 47 next year. 

I have used SLX 22 for four years. It has enough length for all but a few of my jobs, including my 3 storey ones (just) and solar panels up to 2 storey. I like the way it collapses quite short for working in tight space. Mostly I don't need to extend the last section but it's handy for reaching over large extensions and conservatories when I do need it. It was a game changer from fibreglass, though I believe the CLX is a good compromise from what I've read on the forum. I also have an SLX 30 which is only seldom needed. 

Good luck with your choice. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Extreme 18 is my everyday pole and your right about the slx above 40 I want a extreme47 lol 

@Part Timer loves his slx47 ?but he is like two men lol

Will be swinging it, the SLX47 that is, from 9 till 9.30 tomorrow. Might need to get a 74' if my meeting in 2 weeks goes well ?
Only 30 minutes age is catching up with you lol 

three dormers and four velux for me tomorrow hope it isn’t windy ?

the 22 is already there and in your hand should u need abit extra,280 gms heaveyer though.Is it better to carry the extra weight and not have the bother of carrying ,and wondering when and fitting, the extention for the 18 ?

When is the extreme 25 back in stock @Alex Gardiner  cant get an answer via email

thanks
Hi Adam

I have searched through the [email protected] email system and cannot find an email from you even in the Junk and deleted folders. So not sure what has happened there.

To answer your question though -  we are expecting new stock of the Xtreme25 poles back in stock by the 21st of January

Hi Adam

I have searched through the [email protected] email system and cannot find an email from you even in the Junk and deleted folders. So not sure what has happened there.

To answer your question though -  we are expecting new stock of the Xtreme25 poles back in stock by the 21st of January

ok thanks alex, i recently changed my email servers so that was probably what it was, i cant find it either now and some of my other mail is missing

but thanks for the reply i shall wait until then, cheers.

Latest Posts

Back