Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sidewards and backwards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

This week I have been using the side door instead of the back door for my reel and have found it so much easier my son as been using the rear door, but I haven’t got snagged on my wheels once, Just have to make sure your facing the correct way. 

This week I have been using the side door instead of the back door for my reel and have found it so much easier my son as been using the rear door, but I haven’t got snagged on my wheels once, Just have to make sure your facing the correct way. 
Have you wound the hose the opposite way or do you just pull it from underneath? I assume your not one of those posh boys with a hose guide in the floor, never spotted one in your pictures.

No my reel sits on the tank no hoseguides at all honestly pleasantly surprised how good it’s been most of my Jobs Ipull up to to clients drives but the few Where I park on the road been really good.

I know @Green Pro Clean LtdAnd @steve garwood Use side doors.

because I side loading doors might try pulling the hose out the opposite side and see how that winds ingot tried that yet. 

Welcome to the few, the converted, the ones that don't spend their time shouting at Good Year. ?
This old dog is still learning new tricks lol one sidewards and one backwards when working as a two man team is great, if I was single operator then a reel each side would be perfect see @steve garwood can talk sense once in a blue moon lol. 

Pulling a hose from the side door does make sense especially if you can park infront of your customer's driveway and walk out with the hose straight down the drive to the back. I do like the idea of doing this even if it means having to let the van run forward to clear the driveway. The only thing that concerns me is that pulling a hose over the pavement can cause a trip hazard whilst walking the hose to the back as it won't lay flat on the pavement.

I've been seriously thinking of doing this as I find the back doors sometimes get rather crowded with 2 operators, especially when the other one of them prefers to use a backpack over a hose reel.

Pulling a hose from the side door does make sense especially if you can park infront of your customer's driveway and walk out with the hose straight down the drive to the back. I do like the idea of doing this even if it means having to let the van run forward to clear the driveway. The only thing that concerns me is that pulling a hose over the pavement can cause a trip hazard whilst walking the hose to the back as it won't lay flat on the pavement.

I've been seriously thinking of doing this as I find the back doors sometimes get rather crowded with 2 operators, especially when the other one of them prefers to use a backpack over a hose reel.
My reel is mounted high on the tank, when you pulled the hose after a few feet it drops straight to the floor minimum trip hazard, also we had both reels close together working out the rear and sometimes got tangled that as the happened yet. 

Tried this today on a few jobs. I like still having the flexibility to do both as I sometimes need to park on the customers drive or in a parking bay. Makes sense for me too as I have twin side loading doors. Little more of a pain to reel it in upside down but more time gained than lost I think.

Tried this today on a few jobs. I like still having the flexibility to do both as I sometimes need to park on the customers drive or in a parking bay. Makes sense for me too as I have twin side loading doors. Little more of a pain to reel it in upside down but more time gained than lost I think.
Power button mate going to get another hd power up for the rear door this year. 

Back