P4dstar

Any new years resolutions?

Damo

Work 

2 or 3 more vans but not fussed as comfortable and content now. 

Work less on the tools.

Steam line as much as possible and implement new ideas/make my inventions.

Personal

Lose weight.

Get rid of time leeches. 
More gaming and other hobbies I enjoy.

2qdgwx.jpg

Master Jedi Alejandro
35 minutes ago, GSS Window Cleaning said:

I honestly think window cleaning isn't a very good job for your mental health I've been doing it's 8 years and I suffer a bit of depression and a lot of it is to do with our profession, we work all day on our own with no one to speak too or motivate us, we only have our own thoughts which makes it worse when you have a problem you have no one to talk about it too so I find it's all you think about all day. We work on our own all day in the cold,dark,damp conditions for half the year. I can sometimes go a few days with out even speaking to someone at work all day which isn't good. My new years resolution is to try and be more positive at work as I've found the last few months I've not really been enjoying my job due to having too much work and feeling knackered every day lol maybe it's time to have a bit of a cull. I've had 10 days off been back for 2 and back to feeling like I'm falling apart due to a RSI. I know everyone moans about there job but I like mine just think sometimes it's a very lonely job!! 

16 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Yeh I agree actually at times. I also live live on my own. So some days are very lonely, as you say we can go a whole work day without talking to anyone. 

Sorry to hear about your struggles with mental health, it’s becoming more & more common (or at least more people are talking about it) 

But some days, if the sun is warm & shining and it’s been a good week, few quid in my pocket, I actually really enjoy the job. 

Few of the window cleaners I know will call each other on handsfree while out working. Did it a few times myself. Maybe a shout for some. Can always call other windys from the forums. 

Damo
5 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Few of the window cleaners I know will call each other on handsfree while out working. Did it a few times myself. Maybe a shout for some. Can always call other windys from the forums. 

Yeah good shout, used todo that last year. 

RWCleaning
9 minutes ago, Damo said:

Yeh I ring a mate Peter who’s on here a lot. 

Davy G

Welcome to van life, Den. I use a Vito campervan for sea kayaking weekends. Careful it can be addictive. ☺ 

Davy G

That's tough GSS. Any possibility of getting someone else to work with you? Made all the difference to me. 

Den
16 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Welcome to van life, Den. I use a Vito campervan for sea kayaking weekends. Careful it can be addictive. ☺ 

I have a few kayaks

perception Carolina 

perception kiwi 3 

perception sundance not the uk version its a American import only a couple came into the country apparently 12’ instead of 9’ 

bad photo they are sitting on my dog kennel only used them once this year as been too busy to get out 

08A0C464-277C-4471-A875-24D075A69756.jpeg

D10EDD5D-97D6-4AF8-8E3A-1FA306CCA59C.jpeg

steve garwood

I have only one New Years resolution.

To carry on exactly how I am.

A rich man will not be happier than a content man!

Pub time 🍺🍺

Happy new year 🙂

Damo
5 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Davy G

Well done Den. Nordkapp Rm and Polyform Skyros are my boats. I paddle year round. Mostly local lake for training and Dorset coast for sea trips. 🙂

scottish cleaning service

I have the opposite problem, I talk to much to my customers. Today I was cleaning the sheltered housing complex and must have lost an hour if I added it all up but we are all from the same scheme so we know the same folk. As for new years resolution, my aim is to get a few new customers each month by explaining what I do. 

Den
6 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Well done Den. Nordkapp Rm and Polyform Skyros are my boats. I paddle year round. Mostly local lake for training and Dorset coast for sea trips. 🙂

Nice boats wouldn’t really fancy mine for sea can get away with inshore rivers I generally do the local canals the grandchildren love it. 

Dorset coast sound great, would fancy that myself 👍

Davy G

You're very welcome to join us for a paddle when it's a bit warmer, Den. 🙂

Den
3 minutes ago, Davy G said:

You're very welcome to join us for a paddle when it's a bit warmer, Den. 🙂

Nice one might take you up on that in the summer 😄

Davy G

Do mate, it's a great area. 🙂 

Laugher

My resolution this year is to be more decisive with the business and try and earn more and on a personal note to try and lose a bit of weight,

going great so far, can't make my mind up whether to cut back or employ and eaten so much junk food the last few days lol 

solarpanelcleaningltd

Focus on my health and happinessssssssssss.

Workwise, implement processes and procedures to allow me more time to annoy the wife and kids.

Good luck guys!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you want an honest answer on 'resolutions' o don't have any.  However the business plan for 2019 is to grow the main business five fold, grow the franchise operation two and a half fold and acquire commercial premises for the business before the end of the year and to ensure the company shows zero profits by the year end but asset of £200k minimum.  

And I plan to do so without having to go out and clean windows. 😉

P4dstar
17 hours ago, Laugher said:

My resolution this year is to be more decisive with the business and try and earn more and on a personal note to try and lose a bit of weight,

going great so far, can't make my mind up whether to cut back or employ and eaten so much junk food the last few days lol 

I used to be indecisive, now i'm not so sure 😂

7 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

If you want an honest answer on 'resolutions' o don't have any.  However the business plan for 2019 is to grow the main business five fold, grow the franchise operation two and a half fold and acquire commercial premises for the business before the end of the year and to ensure the company shows zero profits by the year end but asset of £200k minimum.  

And I plan to do so without having to go out and clean windows. 😉

Thats's great but what you gonna do with the other 10 months 😆😆😉

Green Pro Clean Ltd
19 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I used to be indecisive, now i'm not so sure 😂

Thats's great but what you gonna do with the other 10 months 😆😆😉

Duh! Go fishing of course. 🙄

adamangler
On 04/01/2019 at 17:05, GSS Window Cleaning said:

I honestly think window cleaning isn't a very good job for your mental health I've been doing it's 8 years and I suffer a bit of depression and a lot of it is to do with our profession, we work all day on our own with no one to speak too or motivate us, we only have our own thoughts which makes it worse when you have a problem you have no one to talk about it too so I find it's all you think about all day. We work on our own all day in the cold,dark,damp conditions for half the year. I can sometimes go a few days with out even speaking to someone at work all day which isn't good. My new years resolution is to try and be more positive at work as I've found the last few months I've not really been enjoying my job due to having too much work and feeling knackered every day lol maybe it's time to have a bit of a cull. I've had 10 days off been back for 2 and back to feeling like I'm falling apart due to a RSI. I know everyone moans about there job but I like mine just think sometimes it's a very lonely job!! 

Yes it can get very depressing bring out solo especially getting up.in the dark and going out in the cold. Customers make it worse when they moan about you cleaning in the rain or not unlocking gates or paying etc.

To be honest I really enjoyed window cleaning when I was 3 - 4 easy days a week. Now I'm 5 days on my own and almost full it's not fun, it's an obligation and a chord to keep going. 

That's why I want to grow the round, I enjoy picking up new work and I enjoy the business in general but cleaning glass all day every day forever no thanks. 

scottish cleaning service

I have decided with a heavy heart to cancel my weekly UK Lottery playing. I counted up how much I spent last month so if I save the money I could afford an exotic holiday. Should have done it years ago and I would have anew van by now.

CHWS
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have decided with a heavy heart to cancel my weekly UK Lottery playing. I counted up how much I spent last month so if I save the money I could afford an exotic holiday. Should have done it years ago and I would have anew van by now.

But you have to remember if your not in you can’t win 😂

ive a weekly subscription I started a few months ago. I live in hope I’ll wake up some day with an email saying winner lol

Laugher

My plans for this year are to strip the business back to a more mangable round

Create a price structure for all services 

price increase for all jobs 

condense my work area

Have a great basis sothat if I were to ever grow the business in the future I could 

Personally

create some savings after spending all that I had over the last 2 years on a wedding and a house

wanted a new van but gonna have to settle for a new car due to starting a family

try and get a better lifestyle and lose some of the weight I gained over the last few years