Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose for hot water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spruce

The Sprucefather
For those of you with hot water and fixed hose reels, please may I ask what hose you are using from the heater to the hose reel? Also for those who have hot and don't have a fixed hose reel, what hose do you use from your van's port to the hose reel?

I've got a roll of 1/2 reinforced heater hose that will take the pressure and the heat but its very stiff and inflexible. I see Grippa sell what appears to be the same hose so my guess is that's what they use.

From the heater to the fixed hose reels it’s car radiator black rubber hose supplied by Grippatank, we also use free standing reels as well on certain jobs and just use reinforced 1/2 clear hose it is a bit stiff but softens up when warm or hot and never had it split or budge under heat 

My old system (hot) just has plain old pure freedom hi-viz 6-8mm hose except from the LPG heater which is braided (stainless steel tap/sink type). I just make sure the connections are tightened periodically- I’ve never had any leaks but it’s always worth the extra preventative checks to keep things 100%. All my connectors are Gardiner tct026 fittings which makes the biggest difference. Obviously the webasto has radiator hose to the header tank but everything else is just standard mini-microbore

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back