P4dstar

Warm your hands up

P4dstar

Bought a pack of these to try. Pack of 2 for 39p in Home bargains. You take it out and it starts to heat up when exposed to the air. Got nice and toasty and was still warm 6 hours later. For 20p a day I will be buying a whole lot more of them

Screenshot 2019-01-04 19.04.54.png

Suhrly

39p? In my local Home Bargains they're 69p 😞 

P4dstar
9 minutes ago, Damo said:

Did they not have any MTFU cream? 

I do believe one of your new years resolutions is to ''work less on the tools''... Get back to your nice warm office and make sure you push that pen hard 🤣😂😆

7 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

39p? In my local Home Bargains they're 69p 😞 

They were at the till on special offer. If you buy them in bulk in Stroud you could probably save enough to cover the petrol cost to get here in less than 4 years 😂

Suhrly
12 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

They were at the till on special offer. If you buy them in bulk in Stroud you could probably save enough to cover the petrol cost to get here in less than 4 years 😂

Sounds like a plan that! 😛

Damo

Haha, will always be on the tools though. Enjoy it too much. 

Clearview Lee

Do you stick them in gloves?

P4dstar
22 minutes ago, Clearview Lee said:

Probably could do, it would only really warm up the palm of your hand though when its your fingers that need it the most. I kept it in my pocket and just rubbed my hands on it between jobs. 

Damo

Stood outside a customers house rubbing jeans. Hmmmmm 

P4dstar
Just now, Damo said:

Still in shorts, now who needs some MTFU cream 😂

Damo
13 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Still in shorts, now who needs some MTFU cream 😂

I was referring to you 😉

Part Timer
15 minutes ago, Damo said:

I was going to say it would've looked like he had crabs, but as it's a friendly forum I thought better of it 😃 

P4dstar
3 minutes ago, Damo said:

I was referring to you 😉

I know.... That led me to believe you wear jeans... and so on.... Spoiled it now @Damo

Anyway, you can always whip it out between jobs 😂

4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I was going to say it would've looked like he had crabs, but as it's a friendly forum I thought better of it 😃 

you-cant-catch-crabs-if-you-dont-have-pubes.jpg

6 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Also, since when is this a friendly forum 😂😆🤣

Suhrly
4 hours ago, Clearview Lee said:

I do. Fingers still get cold but it's better than nothing. 

johnny bravo

pound shop sell them    open up and put in gloves

Damo
27 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

pound shop sell them    open up and put in gloves

How much are they there? 

P4dstar

Don't make that trip @Suhrly, gone back up 69p mate, gutted 😂

BigFoot

I use the Whitby hand warmer, keep it in my pocket on very cold days and it pumps out heat for twelve hours. After the initial cost of around £15 it costs about 25 p to refill on Zippa lighter fluid. Even warmed a mince pie wrapped in foil in my pocket leading up to Christmas, living the dream!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refillable-Flameless-Whitby-Hand-Warmer-Shooting-Walking-Hiking-HW10/152854523282?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55149%26meid%3Dd2e16e7ed43e4b768276f0fa2c09f057%26pid%3D101006%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D152854523282&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226

Diamond geezer
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:03, BigFoot said:

I use the Whitby hand warmer, 

Does it smell of petrol in use?

steve garwood

My fingerless gloves aren’t keeping my hands warm, any tips? 😆

BigFoot
23 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Does it smell of petrol in use?

If you have it near to your face yes you can smell very slight fumes but in my pocket nothing. Smells much less than a zippier lighter as a reference. It is always in the provided pouch as it gets Very hot 🥵 

Iron Giant

As it's starting to get a bit colder now  Aldi Special Buys  merino glove liners and beanies I have found the glove liners to be really good and I wear the beanie under another hat I bought mine last year and field-tested them in Finland were the average temperature was -19 through the day although it dropped to -27 one day 

BigFoot
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

As it's starting to get a bit colder now  Aldi Special Buys  merino glove liners and beanies I have found the glove liners to be really good and I wear the beanie under another hat I bought mine last year and field-tested them in Finland were the average temperature was -19 through the day although it dropped to -27 one day 

My wife hikes Penyfan in the Brecon Beacons most mornings and even when it’s covered in snow and the wind chill is nasty she says her merino wool thermals are amazing. I recently got a gortex lined wool skiing bobble hat that is great too, warm and dry. This weather sorts the men from the boys but the right kit helps!

ill have a look in Aldi’s thanks for heads up