Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gloves again review

Den

The last couple of years I have used skytec argon and also skytec argon extra good gloves, a week or so before Xmas I started to wear Showa 282 and can honestly say imo they are far superior completely dry feel nice to wear and warm just ordered another pair, 

I've been using the site Siberian ones from Screwfix the last couple of years but they're wearing fast and letting water in.

I'll try the Showa 282 gloves. 

Where do you get them from? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had my Showa 282 since the end of September. Still completely waterproof no rips or visible wear, they grip well and are relatively warm. They’re really easy to get on and off as they don’t have an elasticated cuff. I’ve bought another pair aswell

I’ve had my Showa 282 since the end of September. Still completely waterproof no rips or visible wear, they grip well and are relatively warm. They’re really easy to get on and off as they don’t have an elasticated cuff. I’ve bought another pair aswell
That’s whatI really like about them I like the ease they go on and off unlike the skytec where you often pull the finger lining out and have to use a wooden spoon to push them back into the liner.

Was talking to another windy today and showed him the 282’s and said they are amazing. I think they should be the go to glove for WFP for all the reasons mentioned above also because they evaporate moisture they don’t suffer from smelling so bad. I have zero interest in any other gloves and I’ve tried quite a few I’ll be sticking with these.

this is their sizing tool that may help also.

https://www.globus.co.uk/assets/files/Globus Hand Size Chart.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered skytec argon extra
Was chuffed with them considering Neva used a decent pair of gloves since window cleaning
Gonna try these too!

Thanks fellas![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I think it was @Olithat first mentioned these, done quite a few people a favour methinks 
Couldn’t remember who mentioned them I remember someone posting a link to amazon for xxl size for £7 and thought Iwould give them a go so a big thumbs to @Oli if it was you ?

I have Skytec Argon and Argon Extra. I use a sill cloth and wipe the tops of frames that hold water, the type that drip down when you're done. When the cloth is soaked I wring it out. Using the extra they leak on the joint with finger and thumb. The standard ones would just leak in general because they're not 100% waterproof.

Problem is they stink after a days work. You can wash them but ultimately to get them dry you have to pull out the lining and spend an hour putting it all back in.

Last time the glove subject came up someone told me not to wring out cloths in gloves, don't remember who. Couldn't be bothered to get into a discussion about why I wring them out but the above is the answer.

Can't take off my gloves every time I want to wring a cloth out and can't put up with the smell anymore, it's filling the van. Do you reckon the 282's would leak there too?

I have Skytec Argon and Argon Extra. I use a sill cloth and wipe the tops of frames that hold water, the type that drip down when you're done. When the cloth is soaked I wring it out. Using the extra they leak on the joint with finger and thumb. The standard ones would just leak in general because they're not 100% waterproof.

Problem is they stink after a days work. You can wash them but ultimately to get them dry you have to pull out the lining and spend an hour putting it all back in.

Last time the glove subject came up someone told me not to wring out cloths in gloves, don't remember who. Couldn't be bothered to get into a discussion about why I wring them out but the above is the answer.

Can't take off my gloves every time I want to wring a cloth out and can't put up with the smell anymore, it's filling the van. Do you reckon the 282's would leak there too?
Not sure as I don’t wring out cloths but as they are a gauntlet design they slip on and off very easy and the lining seams bonded to the rubbery glove part so you don’t get the derided insidout fingers.

Not sure as I don’t wring out cloths but as they are a gauntlet design they slip on and off very easy and the lining seams bonded to the rubbery glove part so you don’t get the derided insidout fingers.
I'm gonna get some, I watched the auction link that was put on here. Shopping for some straighteners for my daughters birthday of all things when the auction ended... No bids so I could have got them for £4.88 ?

Back