Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds

As @Pjjsaid, however if you're a newbie, with just a few customers, and on a tight budget DI only will get you up and running. In the long term then R/O, with a DI to polish off,  is a financial must.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Pjj said. As @Part Timer says, DI only will get you started. Mine was around that when I started, much higher now. I started DI only. I would suggest you get double DI, a worthy investment if it's affordable. Even when you get an RO you're still gonna need the DI so it isn't wasted money!

R.O. 3 months into using resin only you would regret not just going for R.O in the first place. 
I did..... £700 is a lot to spend out when you very first start though. I wanted to see some sort of a return first. Not so much because of the money, I had some savings and a good income from my last job. It's the hassle of learning an RO that put me off. There is a lot of information out there but none of it is for dummies who haven't seen one before. Ask a question on here and an absolute genius like Spruce will respond, doesn't mean the end user will understand what he's saying. Hell some of us experienced with using RO on a daily basis don't understand some of it.... I don't mean that negatively btw, Spruce's advice is always welcome and very very helpful!

I did..... £700 is a lot to spend out when you very first start though. I wanted to see some sort of a return first. Not so much because of the money, I had some savings and a good income from my last job. It's the hassle of learning an RO that put me off. There is a lot of information out there but none of it is for dummies who haven't seen one before. Ask a question on here and an absolute genius like Spruce will respond, doesn't mean the end user will understand what he's saying. Hell some of us experienced with using RO on a daily basis don't understand some of it.... I don't mean that negatively btw, Spruce's advice is always welcome and very very helpful!
Good point.

Small & simple R.O for me. ?

Good point.

Small & simple R.O for me. ?
Always though I had to have something under the sink. It was only when I got busier and forced myself to get an RO that I realised how wrong I was. If I started again tomorrow I would go for the 4040 RO with a HF5 again but this time from the start.

I want a 40\40 but my water pressure is too low,    23/25psi,    I actually got the Water Board out last week to increase it,     I wanted around 35/50 psi.      They tested and said this is the normal output in this area.      Gutted I was.      Back to my 350 Ro.        now taking around 6/8 hours to get 220 litres,    used to take around 4/65 hours.   Maybe the weather I know.   but still a chore especially as its all in the kitchen  going out window to water butt

I need to improve this this year.    scratching my head too much,        I posted pics a while ago but no one availiable to advise on setup

I want a 40\40 but my water pressure is too low,    23/25psi,    I actually got the Water Board out last week to increase it,     I wanted around 35/50 psi.      They tested and said this is the normal output in this area.      Gutted I was.      Back to my 350 Ro.        now taking around 6/8 hours to get 220 litres,    used to take around 4/65 hours.   Maybe the weather I know.   but still a chore especially as its all in the kitchen  going out window to water butt

I need to improve this this year.    scratching my head too much,        I posted pics a while ago but no one availiable to advise on setup
Sorry mate I totally missed your reply to your previous post, a plumber could tee off from a bathroom and run a pipe down into the room below then outside as normal or run it outside in some sort of boxing which could be insulated. 

What about getting a booster pump, that would allow you to have a 4040.

A booster pump would be good, but if your working from the kitchen it's a no. 

My friendswater pressure at his home was 35. He has fitted a booster pump and he get 80 now. 

This is intresting when I moved into my currant house the water pressure was 110 psi which is great 24 years ago , now it’s 35 psi I phoned the water board they said it’s low due to the fact all the new housing estates are teeing into the existing main and no new infrastructure is being put in ,they said that by law they only have to supply 0:7 of a bar pressure , they said that they would not increase the supply pressure as it was more than enough for normal house hold needs !!,

If you have enough room in your garden an IBC tank holding 1000 litres is a great addition to anyone’s set up.I’ve also got an extra three 210 litre Water Butts for rain water which brings storage to 1630 litres.I use an additional two water Butts to store filtered pure water after passing through my double 5 litre Di vessels.The rainwater varies from 009 to 036 on TDS meter.I just use two €30 submersible pumps for filtering and pumping pure into my 25 litre barrels.Takes about 25 seconds to fill a barrel through 3/4 inch hose & copper pipe.Initial outlay wasn’t even that expensive.Have only changes resin in slave/first do vessel once in 15 months.Very little maintenance on this system.Just keep the roofs & gutters clean for better performance and money saving on resin

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back