Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clx 4

I have one that I was given years ago , I use it to wash the van , depending on height it would be ok for bungalows but we use an 18 foot pole for them as that’s our everyday pole and some are dormer bungalows, and some on slopes so a shorter pole wouldn’t reach 

Thinking of getting a clx 4 for doing bungalows. Does anyone on here use one and would it be worth the investment?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I’ve just got a clx 4 from gardiners, not used it yet but  good impressions on the little chap, bought mainly for bungalows, where my bigger slx keeps catching the wall behind me up tight allies, pretty cheap & always good to have onboard.

I’ve just got a clx 4 from gardiners, not used it yet but  good impressions on the little chap, bought mainly for bungalows, where my bigger slx keeps catching the wall behind me up tight allies, pretty cheap & always good to have onboard.
That's what I'm thinking too. would always be handy to have for tight spaces and if it saves the arms a wee bit throughout the day I'm all for it.i just wonder if it's a bit too small

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have the 10ft for bungalows. My old boss had the 4ft, I actually found it too small for some bungalows. If there’s a simple hedge in front of the windows it can be a struggle. And some bungalows I have the windows are a bit higher then normal, I don’t think the 4ft would reach them. I find the 10ft perfect. Imo 

I brought a clx4 about 2 years ago and it hasn’t been out the van in about a year. It’s so small and light it’s like cleaning with a twiglet and you seem to move your arms and body a lot more than with a longer pole to cover the entire window. I do 4 bungalows in a row in one street and still use my slx18 as the hassle of changing poles and brush heads just doesn’t seem worth it just to change back afterwards. Wish I’d saved myself £40 but just my opinion

Clx is my favourite pole I use mine on every bungelow takes 2 seconds to change out poles and so light brilliant. 

I've got one and I love it.

Great for bungalows, especially those windows down the side where there's not much room.

I also use it on houses, slx25 for first floor clx4 for ground floor, it means I can leave the 25 extended.

My hands end up black if I'm forever adjusting it for up and down.

It's no hassle using two poles, try it!!

I bought one for the same reason. Most brushes are heavier than the pole. Can't imagine scrubbing some baked on bird strikes, poor thing would snap I reckon! My boy has started coming out with me when I work a Saturday, he uses it on the downstairs frames while I clean upstairs, means I can clean the downstairs a lot quicker... So fragile though!

I bought one for the same reason. Most brushes are heavier than the pole. Can't imagine scrubbing some baked on bird strikes, poor thing would snap I reckon! My boy has started coming out with me when I work a Saturday, he uses it on the downstairs frames while I clean upstairs, means I can clean the downstairs a lot quicker... So fragile though!
I use mine regular ultimate medium soft, swivel and super scraper tomorrow the last 4 jobs are bungelows love the little pole. 

I have got the clx4. I bought it for bungalows. I have the universal brush on?? The white and blue Gardiners. Like has been said the brush is heavier than the pole, it's quite a sturdy little brush, I like it. Especially for down those narrow gaps of conny's. But when I bought it, he advised the clx10. I went with what I thought, if I was buying again, I would choose the 10. Just a little extra reach. 

Back