Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionics gutter vac

Very similar, the camera and screen is identical apart from colour. The Premium trolley is exactly the same as the Sky Vac Industrial. Unless significantly cheaper I would just buy the Sky Vac. 

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippavac-outdoor-40-litre-gutter-vacuum-package

i like the look of this one. It’s the 40L 2400w vac. With side entry.

Anyone got this one??

Yes I have one I only bought the vac as I use the hose and poles off my other big vac , the Grippatank one is very good for smaller houses and shop fronts I am very impressed with the suction it will suck a golf ball up a garden hose ???? thouroughly recomend it , only down side is the price ????

Yes I have one I only bought the vac as I use the hose and poles off my other big vac , the Grippatank one is very good for smaller houses and shop fronts I am very impressed with the suction it will suck a golf ball up a garden hose ???? thouroughly recomend it , only down side is the price ????
Thanks @Pjj 

yeh it’s looks smart. But pretty expensive compared to my sky vac atom. I only do domestic so don’t need anything bigger. 

In your opinion, how much a month/year should I be doing in gutter clearing to make it worth buying it? 

Thanks @Pjj 

yeh it’s looks smart. But pretty expensive compared to my sky vac atom. I only do domestic so don’t need anything bigger. 

In your opinion, how much a month/year should I be doing in gutter clearing to make it worth buying it? 
If I buy anything my first question is do I need it, as you already have a Sky Atom then is it broken and unrepairable?  If it's because you want a side entry then ring Spinaclean and pay a few hundred quid and upgrade your Atom. If you're buying because you fancy a change then I, personally, would need to get the cost back within 3 months to justify the expense. 

If I buy anything my first question is do I need it, as you already have a Sky Atom then is it broken and unrepairable?  If it's because you want a side entry then ring Spinaclean and pay a few hundred quid and upgrade your Atom. If you're buying because you fancy a change then I, personally, would need to get the cost back within 3 months to justify the expense. 
Hmm some things to consider. No atom ain’t broke, but I think it’s lost a little bit of power. But money back wise it’s probably gonna me a year IF I buy it. 

Thanks @Pjj 

Thats a hard question to answer , really only you can make that decision, if you have a few jobs lined up or regular return jobs then I would say it’s worth getting , Ime guessing you could sell the atom and then put that money towards the other one , I have never used an atom but many reports I have read said it blockes  easily , side entry is much better as part timer said you could alter yours but is it worth doing ? Also I hear that there can be issues with the filter blocking up on the atom ???? I have never had any issues with the Grippatank one I also have the 40 ltr drum as I wanted a small vac in size to take into property’s so it does fill up quicker . I find it’s as good as any of the bigger machines highest job I have done with it is 50 feet and it lifted wet soggy turfs out of a gutter at that height , don’t think the atom will do that . The filters in the Grippatank one are removable the main one is galvanised steel you can give it a good bloats with the garden hose , the second filter is a plastic mesh and can be washed easily fairly needs doing to be honest !hopefully the picture explaine what Ime trying to say 

D8023FB7-AFB9-4A63-BE16-29E7B7D39ABB.jpeg

B7DA2A5C-B1A7-45B4-A695-21F0D6A27362.jpeg

616D9271-4B63-45CA-A53E-14BD7BEA8CBE.jpeg

Thats a hard question to answer , really only you can make that decision, if you have a few jobs lined up or regular return jobs then I would say it’s worth getting , Ime guessing you could sell the atom and then put that money towards the other one , I have never used an atom but many reports I have read said it blockes  easily , side entry is much better as part timer said you could alter yours but is it worth doing ? Also I hear that there can be issues with the filter blocking up on the atom ???? I have never had any issues with the Grippatank one I also have the 40 ltr drum as I wanted a small vac in size to take into property’s so it does fill up quicker . I find it’s as good as any of the bigger machines highest job I have done with it is 50 feet and it lifted wet soggy turfs out of a gutter at that height , don’t think the atom will do that . The filters in the Grippatank one are removable the main one is galvanised steel you can give it a good bloats with the garden hose , the second filter is a plastic mesh and can be washed easily fairly needs doing to be honest !hopefully the picture explaine what Ime trying to say 

View attachment 15496

View attachment 15497

View attachment 15498
Cool thanks for the pics. I didn’t realise it would be a extra £600ish for just 30ft of poles! And £30 for ‘yellow nozzles’

im thinking of @Part Timer good advice and possibly upgrading the sky vac.

And yes you’re right, the atom gets blocked very easy. Filter gets dirty easy, I actually never use the filter anymore. 

Woe woe woe woe woe. Just went on the spinaclean website. There’s a vac on there for over £4000!! With another grand of possible add ons.

I need to sit down.

I’d like to know how much companies who use that make 

Woe woe woe woe woe. Just went on the spinaclean website. There’s a vac on there for over £4000!! With another grand of possible add ons.

I need to sit down.

I’d like to know how much companies who use that make 
I'm down Cambridge way next week, got three full days clearing gutters. Those three days gross £3.5k so wouldn't take long to earn that back if you're doing that weekly. I also do a job down your neck of the woods, once a year that pays £3.85k for 3 days, but 2 days travelling as well.

You might need to reduce the 51mm inlet on the side entry, or upgrade your poles as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down Cambridge way next week, got three full days clearing gutters. Those three days gross £3.5k so wouldn't take long to earn that back if you're doing that weekly. I also do a job down your neck of the woods, once a year that pays £3.85k for 3 days, but 2 days travelling as well.
Wow fair play. Amazing money. Do they ever tip you ? 

But on a serious note, what Vac do you use may I ask ? @Part Timer

Just used a sky vac industrial, absolutely incredible.

Cleaned the back gutters of a friends in 2 minutes. 

It has 3 motors and you can cut off air flow for extra pull.

Amazing gear, shame it’s so expensive for an add on

Got a upgrade. Went for the Commercial 75. Came with a new hose, but can still use original poles. Looking forward to trying it. 

ED4B4C3F-2B59-412C-9FB7-1F0469A490E0.jpeg

Think the atom is almost gone sadly. But it’s had two guys sharing it for over 3 years. We’ll keep it as a spare. 

Back