Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decent transfer pump and hose for IBC tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jjs window cleaning service

Hi people

Just collected my IBC tank now need to buy a decent pump and hose to transfer water to my tank in van. Any recommendations as to make and model? Thankyou in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Jjs window cleaning service said:
Hi people

Just collected my IBC tank now need to buy a decent pump and hose to transfer water to my tank in van. Any recommendations as to make and model? Thankyou in advance

[emoji41]20190106_121320.jpeg

I bought this one roughly may 2016. Still works fine. Think it was on sale at the time for £30.00, but yeh most are around the £40 mark. 

And hose wise I got the one inch black ribbed stuff. Think it was £50 for 25ms or something. It’s ok but every few months I have to wrap a load of ptfe & then sticky tape around a small leak. 

AE5D3ED4-BBE5-4C6F-A2EB-D2C36797C40A.jpeg

I didn’t realise it was a ‘dirty water’ pump till after I bought. But doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Screwfix mate, around £40. Mines already outlasted the two I bought from gardiners [emoji106]
Cheers mate I have a screwfix local to me [emoji106][emoji106]

Go for one with a big Ltr per hour output. Get green spiral hose inch and a half from machine mart, better than black pond hose as that is quite thin wall and will crack in cold weather.
Get a petrol pump style filling gun nozzle from wintecs on about £10.

NozzleView attachment 15448

Cheers for tips. This this is the hose I'm gonna go for as need something that will last [emoji106]

You can also get the green transfer hose from Screwfix which will do the job just fine if you only need 7-10 metres usually a shorter length of hose is just fine whether the cheap stuff or not. But you will need to cut a hole in the top of your ibc tank as the Titan pumps are a decent lump.

Is 1½" Reinforced Hose from machine mart ok for transfer ? I have the black pond hose right now but it’s not good in cold very easy to break. But I think it’s bigger than 1 1/2” what would difference make with smaller hose thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Go for one with a big Ltr per hour output. Get green spiral hose inch and a half from machine mart, better than black pond hose as that is quite thin wall and will crack in cold weather.

If u use a fuel filling end how will this stop the pump pushing ?

Johnwindow1987 said:
Is 1½" Reinforced Hose from machine mart ok for transfer ? I have the black pond hose right now but it’s not good in cold very easy to break. But I think it’s bigger than 1 1/2” what would difference make with smaller hose thanks

If u use a fuel filling end how will this stop the pump pushing ?

I use around 30meters of hose to get to my van the pond hose was all I found before it’s done the job for a year and half but would like something stronger would machine mart be stronger hose ?

I use around 30meters of hose to get to my van the pond hose was all I found before it’s done the job for a year and half but would like something stronger would machine mart be stronger hose ?

I also use and need 30m of hose the best stuff I have found is Flexible Pond Hose  I have had this stuff around 3 years now in total  it's really flexible and has outlasted anything else, the short piece of green hose is the usual stuff which splits and black stuff is 2x 15m lengths joined together and yes that's 30m crammed and squashed down the side and that's what happens every work day and its never split, buy the hose joiner also and just tape together, I usually use cheap black electrical tape.

20190106_160229.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I started of with pond hose and the one I had did not last as soon as the weather started going colder.
I'm sure there's differing quality the one I had came of eBay, However I'm sure an aquatic center would be better quality.
Since replacing with the machine mart transfer hose I've had no problems whatever the temperature. [emoji106]

Hi people

The boys are all forgetting to tell you that the pump won't fit directly into the IBC. You'll need to make some amendments to get it inside. Cut a cross in the top of mine, peeled the 4 sections back and then it went it. You need to make sure you get all the plastic shards out if you're going to fit a shut off valve as they can stop the float from working and make your tank overflow. Once its all inside and ready to go you could potentially seal it with putty and tape. I tried this but it didn't work for me. I used a heat gun to melt the plastic back together and then held it with some duck tape.

The boys are all forgetting to tell you that the pump won't fit directly into the IBC. You'll need to make some amendments to get it inside. Cut a cross in the top of mine, peeled the 4 sections back and then it went it. You need to make sure you get all the plastic shards out if you're going to fit a shut off valve as they can stop the float from working and make your tank overflow. Once its all inside and ready to go you could potentially seal it with putty and tape. I tried this but it didn't work for me. I used a heat gun to melt the plastic back together and then held it with some duck tape.
It’s already been mentioned above.

I have the pond hose now which was from eBay but seems to split in cold what is the machine mart one like any reviews. Do u all use the fuel fill end ? Would this break the transfer pump when u stop ? Thanks

I have the pond hose now which was from eBay but seems to split in cold what is the machine mart one like any reviews. Do u all use the fuel fill end ? Would this break the transfer pump when u stop ? Thanks

The machine mart transfer hose is much better, I've had no issues so far and the temp has dropped recently. I usually switch the pump off after a few seconds of stopping the trigger.

The trigger style fuel filler means I can fill it to the top, take hose out and then switch off.

If your pumping with 1 1/2" Hose it fills up pretty quick, I'm talking minutes.

I have my pump on one of them plugs with a remote that u press to turn off that work I’ll have a look in machine mart . Cheers lads great to get some info

We’ve got a loncin with 2” hose.

fills a 1000 litres in a couple of minutes. It’s crazy!

That pump nozzle will actual reduce your flow by 50% from the 1 1/2 inch hose

I use a Machine Mart transfer pump.

It is not submersible. Instead it simply sits on top of the Ibc with a short length of hose going through a hole drilled through the tank lid.

Advantages over submersible, as I see it: Only need to cut one small hole through tank lid for hose. This can be done with the lid off, so no swarf gets into the tank. Replacement of pump would be a simple matter of undoing and re-tightening two Jubilee Clips. My transfer pump is several years old and pumps over two thousand litres a week at a rate of 40 litres per minute. I use reinforced, clear hose which was supplied by Streamline.

I don't remember the price of the pump or the hose.

Hi mate what is the diameter of the hose? I've got 32mm hose and I'm struggling to get the petrol pump handle in that size

Back