Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik and safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James Bond

Hi all just a question what protective gear do you use when spraying ubik 2000? Asking as some 1:10 dilution mist blew back into my face, I know it's particularly hazardous to eyes and skin when in concentrated form, but do you think this is bound to cause a problem?

Hi all just a question what protective gear do you use when spraying ubik 2000? Asking as some 1:10 dilution mist blew back into my face, I know it's particularly hazardous to eyes and skin when in concentrated form, but do you think this is bound to cause a problem?

To be truthful no chemical evan when diluted according to the manufacturers directions should be got in the eyes or inhaled , Evan if it doesn’t do any harm it isn’t going to do you any good either , technically speaking eye and respiratory protection should be used and when mixing it up gloves should be used , but in the real world who would do that with a product like that , not many I suspect 

I use some nitrile gloves, even fairy liquid burns my skin. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't bother.

Used quite a lot of Virosol on a big cladding clean a few months back, had a fair bit start to spray me in the face so I chucked some sun glasses on. Had a little dry skin on my face a few days later but nothing exciting.

Rinse thoroughly right away with clean water and you will be fine. Fire Brigade scientist told us that you can dilute anything with 2000 the amount of water and the chemical becomes neutral. Always have bottles of clean water or pure lying about in the van, never know when you might need it. 

Back