Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to fit a 210 litre tank

lbcleaningservices

Hi all probably be covered millions of times

I'm putting a small 210 liter flat tank in my van

Payload is 600kg

Best way to fixs in it

Was going to fixs some bolts in the inside of van floor then have a frame on top of bolts then silde tank into that

Any suggestions be brilliant

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I didn't think they should be held down with ratchet straps?

I only really looked into this when I first started out but the general consensus seemed to be that was best. The frame bolted to the chassis is great but the extra protection of holding the tank down during a rear end shunt could be invaluable. There are some video's knocking about of what 500 litres of water can do to you, long story short it would take you through the engine bay.

All that said I can't imagine 210 litres is anywhere near as dangerous. The straps I use are not super tight as I am conscious of the damage continued pressure could do to a tank. A 210 litre tank seems a little small though even with your 600 payload, tank frames for a 350L tank are available much cheaper, just a thought

I only really looked into this when I first started out but the general consensus seemed to be that was best. The frame bolted to the chassis is great but the extra protection of holding the tank down during a rear end shunt could be invaluable. There are some video's knocking about of what 500 litres of water can do to you, long story short it would take you through the engine bay.

All that said I can't imagine 210 litres is anywhere near as dangerous. The straps I use are not super tight as I am conscious of the damage continued pressure could do to a tank. A 210 litre tank seems a little small though even with your 600 payload, tank frames for a 350L tank are available much cheaper, just a thought
Yeah i carry 200 liter in drums lol
Like you said 210 is small so probably be fine
At moment i don't need to carry more

I should think even if it's fitted right and safety getting a hit a 60 mph from behind with anything over 300 liters is probably going make a mess any way lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You would be better off fitting a bigger tank like a 350ltr if just intend on being a sole operator as this will cover you as your rounds grow, after almost 11 years of being wfp I manage just fine doing 20-25 + houses a day 

I've had 210 litre tank in van for over a year now strapped down with one ratchet strap and a 20 inch long piece of 3 x 2 screwed into floor back and front of tank and it's never moved.

It's also a simple job to take out if needed.

I also carry 25 litre drums.....over half my work is a mile or less from my house so nip home at dinnertime and top up.

Latest Posts

Back