Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dropping support for our mobile apps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
The topic of our Apps has come up so many times on the forum and most of the time its because there are issues with it. I have on several occasions said I would ditch support and ended up keeping the app as a few users who use it were not happy. 

Sadly this really is the end for our apps. I haven't taken this decision lightly I can assure you its been a good couple of years that we have been thinking about this and tried but never made the break.

Our Apps are built on tapatalk a company that provides apps for forum software. Over the years their support has gotten worse, their privacy and user data hoarding has gotten worse and now they have big plans to take over the forum industry (apparently!) Its all just getting too much, we pay for the app that often has issues. They will as you may know send you emails from tapatalk that we can not control or stop. We are taking back control of our forum, yes we might not have an app but i know we will be better off without it.

In the next day or two i am going to remove integration of tapatalk (our app) from our forum. This means the app will no longer work and you will not be able to access the forum via the app. Instead, you can use your mobile browser and go to https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk 

I know for many its the push notifications on your phone that makes you love the app. It keeps you in the loop with discussions and topic replies but for many, it is literally the only reason they use the app. Maybe in the future we will find another way to integrate push notifications without the need for an app but for now that is where we are at. 

Note to members who were using the app but never used the forum via a browser. You will likely need to complete your profile (fill in some profile fields that don't show in the app) when you first visit the forum in a browser. It may look like you are creating a new profile but you are not it is your profile, you just need to finish filling in some details. 

Login here https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/login

Last edited by a moderator:
When things are beyond your control to address issues that there has been in recent months I don't think you had any other choice, I was away at the weekend and just used edge web browser on my phone and all in all it was really good I was quite impressed. 

Latest Posts

Back