Diamond geezer

pole advise please

Diamond geezer

If I buy an slx 22 will I also have to out my uni valve in favour of gardiners brush twist valve?

spruce
20 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

If I buy an slx 22 will I also have to out my uni valve in favour of gardiners brush twist valve?

No. Your Univalve will work with an SLX pole no problem.

Gardiners stopped doing that pole valve a good while ago. I understood they needed to rework/modify its design but I haven't seen it back on their site.

Diamond geezer

They have an inline J/G fitting for easy brush or gooseneck removeall don't they,so the tugging, wont bother it unduely?

P4dstar

I could be completely wrong here but I believe you would need to change the push fit and install the univalve there. I've just dropped the Gardiner pole hose in favour of tubeless with a univalve, much better.

Doddy111
27 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

They have an inline J/G fitting for easy brush or gooseneck removeall don't they,so the tugging, wont bother it unduely?

I’ve got the SLX 25 with a univalve. I’ve added one of those O rings at the top of the pole to take the strain when i pull the hose at the bottom 

5186E0DC-14A8-460F-A25C-AE1ED04F2C3B.png

2054D42C-5895-45AA-895D-72BC0B5F2CB1.png

Diamond geezer

Yes I see might have to sacrifice easy g?neck removal for uni valve. thanks

dazmond
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Yes I see might have to sacrifice easy g?neck removal for uni valve. thanks

no you dont!the univalve works normally with the gardiners easy gooseneck removal JG fitting...ive been using mine for years with no issues.....i use hot water too...

Edited by dazmond

Mabozzer
On 07/01/2019 at 20:57, dazmond said:

no you dont!the univalve works normally with the gardiners easy gooseneck removal JG fitting...ive been using mine for years with no issues.....i use hot water too...

So are you using it with a jg inside the pole? Does this not bite through the hose soon causing a leak?

dazmond
22 hours ago, Mabozzer said:

So are you using it with a jg inside the pole? Does this not bite through the hose soon causing a leak?

yes i have a JG fitting inside the pole as well as the univalve,no it never leaks.....(PU pole hose)