Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose I can’t be the only one suffering

Doddy111

My pole hose split today at the bottom of the pole has anyone got any temporary fixes? I’ve got a bit of tape on it at the minute until my new hose arrives. 

Do other people have this problem? When I’m leaning my pole against walls, windows etc the hose at the bottom kinks, same when I put it in the van. 

It was all brand new in October not really had much use so surely it should last longer. Hoseless the way to go I think

3323BC67-D6D7-4BF7-A247-FDA0FE98CBD3.jpeg

5750B078-02CE-4DF1-B676-497AED53ECFB.jpeg

8EB475EC-2F5C-4F45-82C4-007E349B601B.jpeg

What brand is it? My pole hoses are far more flexible.

If it's regular 8mm diameter you could cut the hose and add a push fit connector for an easy fix.

My true hoseless pole has actually broken more often than the semi hoseless poles I have with just a short piece of hose sticking out of the end.

No never had it split we use ionics and exceed Inovation blue hose with very hot water works well 

Pure freedom sell pole bases that have notches at the bottom that your pole hose slots in so there’s no pressure when resting on the floor. 

It’s the Gardiner hot water hose I heard that’s one of the best to use with a univalve but looks like I’ll have to find an alternative. Only bought it mid October when I started up so not had much use at all ??

It’s the Gardiner hot water hose I heard that’s one of the best to use with a univalve but looks like I’ll have to find an alternative. Only bought it mid October when I started up so not had much use at all ??
I don't really want to say this but that's the hose I use, on all 4 of my poles, some are 4 years old, and it has never happened to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Gardiner reinforced pole hose, with water heated to 60 degrees in tank. About half that temperature by the time it's got to the brush head. I'm very pleased with it. I collapse my pole to a slightly different length every time I stow it in the van and if I'm going to stand it on end I make sure it always has a slight angle so as not to pinch the bottom of the hose fully. Hope that helps. ? 

These cheap tool hooks I use in my coal shed when I’m not using my poles.

very rarely stand my pole on its end and I never get a problem with the green pu hose, orange pole hose or exceeds blue hose.

image.jpg

i use the gardiners hot water orange hose too and its never happened to me...hot water also.....ive always got spare pole hose and usually change it every few years....

My pole hose split today at the bottom of the pole has anyone got any temporary fixes? I’ve got a bit of tape on it at the minute until my new hose arrives. 

Do other people have this problem? When I’m leaning my pole against walls, windows etc the hose at the bottom kinks, same when I put it in the van. 

It was all brand new in October not really had much use so surely it should last longer. Hoseless the way to go I think

View attachment 15466

View attachment 15467

View attachment 15469

A suggestion I would make is to allow a little more slack in the hose when you put it back into those pole holder tubes you have. You might also consider a hose-less system by fitting a connector at the base and winding the remainder of your pole hose onto your hose reel. (See Exceed's video - if he hasn't taken it down.)

We don't have pole holders like you do. We have a 'rack' on the side if the van with gutter brackets. We coil our pole hose up and hook it over the back gutter bracket. (The pole goes in brush head first.) Our bend of hose at the pole's base isn't as acute as yours and the pole hose has never split at the base. Its also the first orange hose Exceed brought out with their Aquadapter and we are still using it. It was purchased in either Aug 2010 or Feb 2011 depending on which order it was. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone’s got it in for me this week first my pole hose now my reel connections leaking and then I had one first clean to do today and i stood in a massive pile of ? 

As for the pole hose, I think the cause was when I’ve been storing it in the van not having enough slack on it as I’m generally pretty careful with it when it’s out of the van. 

I spoke to the chap at exceed this morning and have now ordered the tubeless kit and a slick connect so I won’t have this problem again.

As always cheers for the help lads ??

Yeh I had the reinforced pole hose and the outer casing broke after a few months, but now back with the old all season pvc hose seems to be fine for now...

Someone’s got it in for me this week first my pole hose now my reel connections leaking and then I had one first clean to do today and i stood in a massive pile of ? 

As for the pole hose, I think the cause was when I’ve been storing it in the van not having enough slack on it as I’m generally pretty careful with it when it’s out of the van. 

I spoke to the chap at exceed this morning and have now ordered the tubeless kit and a slick connect so I won’t have this problem again.

They say it comes in 3's so thats a good sign.

just need someone to come up with a "dog/cat muck" detector that fits on your pole and warns you of imminent danger!?

Out of interest are you using hot water as it states hot water use only I thought it must be pretty stiff. Even though I have had some sitting there since April I've never used it but I bought it thinking it would be good for the univalve.

I’ve loads of splits like this. Usually when the whether is cold and the hose is more brittle.

Out of interest are you using hot water as it states hot water use only I thought it must be pretty stiff. Even though I have had some sitting there since April I've never used it but I bought it thinking it would be good for the univalve.
I use that pole hose and I  occasionally use hot water, 95% of the time I use cold

No pal I only ever used cold. I read that they were one of the best hoses for the univalve hence why I got it. If you do use that hose with cold you may be better dunking it into a bucket of hot water just to soften it up a little bit before use. 

Back