Ana

Do you need a DI?

Ana

Hi all

ordered a RO unit from Daqua last night, my first purchase towards getting back to the cleaning action. With the RO unit in the post my attention has turned to getting a DI but do I really need one is the question? If my water comes out at 000 is there a need to clean it anymore?

Of course I don't yet know what the numbers are but hypothetically speaking is a Di required, especially as I'm just starting out?  

Part Timer

I doubt very much it will come out at zero. When I fill at my sons house, his water is around 100, my van system gets it down to 3 before DI. Now personally I don't have a problem cleaning windows at this level. I know some on here, the Pure Police, have a different opinion though 😃

Ana

Haha pure police I like it.

yes I very much doubt it as well, in all likelihood the RO will do the bulk and the resin will be required to polish it off. A WFP cleaner I've been chatting to has said he is prepared to clean up to 10 on the tds, 12 at a real push but tries to keep it below five. 

RWCleaning

My R.O comes out at 9ppm from water at originally 250ppm. I’ve never heard of a R.O coming out at 000. 

Mum currently using 4ppm water as my resin is on its way out, I ordered a new bag earlier though. The nearer to 000pm, the quicker you can be on the glass before it’ll dry crystal clear I guess 

*im not mum haha

Ana

My starting water is 230 so I'd be in the same boat as you with the ppm @RWCleaning I'd hazard a guess so a Di is a must, pretty much.

its good to know thanks guys 

RWCleaning

Yeh, only a little one, 7L vessel or something, that’s what I have. If your ppm after R.O is 10 or below your resin will last a good while. 

Ana

Cool that's good to know, was looking at an 11litre Di jobbie, thanks for the info 

BigFoot

My tap water is around 60-65 ppm I use a 20" FIBREDYNE CFB PLUS SEDIMENT/CARBON PRE-FILTER and a 40/40 Ro, if I flush it regularly I have 000ppm. I am one of the lucky ones that no longer need to use resin. Most other window cleaners in the area use double resin but figured I could eliminate a lot of ffafing about if I had a stationary IBC with transfer pump with a delivery only unit. 

Den
39 minutes ago, BigFoot said:

My tap water is around 60-65 ppm I use a 20" FIBREDYNE CFB PLUS SEDIMENT/CARBON PRE-FILTER and a 40/40 Ro, if I flush it regularly I have 000ppm. I am one of the lucky ones that no longer need to use resin. Most other window cleaners in the area use double resin but figured I could eliminate a lot of ffafing about if I had a stationary IBC with transfer pump with a delivery only unit. 

Sounds ideal not having to buy resin.

BigFoot
2 minutes ago, Den said:

Sounds ideal not having to buy resin.

The upfront cost has proved worthwhile but the main reason was for easy of use. 3-5 mins each mornin to transfer 400 ltr and off to work. It’s made life easier, I’m all for that!

Den
32 minutes ago, BigFoot said:

The upfront cost has proved worthwhile but the main reason was for easy of use. 3-5 mins each mornin to transfer 400 ltr and off to work. It’s made life easier, I’m all for that!

Yip have to agree even though I only have a 450gpd so much easier having a static set up, a few minutes  fill up van and ibc tank  replenishing while out working. 

Ana

I've got the 450gpd coming from Daqua @Den which should be production for my first outings. A 40/40 would be a great upgrade but baby steps first....... and a Di 😉

Pjj

I would say definitely yes my tap tds is around 90 so quite low , but I still use Di after the ro s to get it down to 000 I know some won’t agree but we will not usewater above 000 , the finished results are far better , cleaning times are quicker , each to there own but Ime charging customers for a first class service and that’s exactly what they get , I wouldn’t want to be using water with a reading at all, as soon as it’s showing 001 then the resin is changed . 

J and S

When I used a RO with a tap tds of around 90 it got it down to 3....had a 7 litre di that polished it off.....when I went double di 12 months later I still hadn't needed to change the resin with the di/ro combo.

Now use 2 x 16 litre di.